Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CYP1B1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CYP1B1 antibody
See all CYP1B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CYP1B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Ab32649 gave a positive signal in the following human tissue lysates: Brain; Kidney; Liver. This antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32649 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It oxidizes a variety of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics.
Participates in the metabolism of an as-yet-unknown biologically active molecule that is a participant in eye development.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CYP1B1 are the cause of primary congenital glaucoma type 3A (GLC3A) [MIM:231300]. GLC3A is an autosomal recessive form of primary congenital glaucoma (PCG). PCG is characterized by marked increase of intraocular pressure at birth or early childhood, large ocular globes (buphthalmos) and corneal edema. It results from developmental defects of the trabecular meshwork and anterior chamber angle of the eye that prevent adequate drainage of aqueous humor.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) [MIM:137760]. POAG is a complex and genetically heterogeneous ocular disorder characterized by a specific pattern of optic nerve and visual field defects. The angle of the anterior chamber of the eye is open, and usually the intraocular pressure is increased. The disease is asymptomatic until the late stages, by which time significant and irreversible optic nerve damage has already taken place. In some cases, POAG shows digenic inheritance involving mutations in CYP1B1 and MYOC genes.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of Peters anomaly (PAN) [MIM:604229]. Peters anomaly is a congenital defect of the anterior chamber of the eye.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase antibody
- CP1B antibody
- CP1B1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-CYP1B1 antibody (ab32649) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue
Lane 2 : Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue
Lane 3 : Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Additional bands at: 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab32649 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab32649 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab32649 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Xie S et al. CXCR4 promotes cisplatin-resistance of non-small cell lung cancer in a CYP1B1-dependent manner. Oncol Rep 37:921-928 (2017). PubMed: 27922681
- Johansen AK et al. The serotonin transporter promotes a pathological estrogen metabolic pathway in pulmonary hypertension via cytochrome P450 1B1. Pulm Circ 6:82-92 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27162617
- Mitsui Y et al. CYP1B1 promotes tumorigenesis via altered expression of CDC20 and DAPK1 genes in renal cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer 15:942 (2015). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 26626260
- Yin XF et al. Downregulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor expression decreases gastric cancer cell growth and invasion. Oncol Rep 30:364-70 (2013). PubMed: 23604401
- Hevir N et al. Disturbed balance between phase I and II metabolizing enzymes in ovarian endometriosis: A source of excessive hydroxy-estrogens and ROS? Mol Cell Endocrinol : (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23277161
- Hevir N et al. Disturbed expression of phase I and phase II estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in endometrial cancer: lower levels of CYP1B1 and increased expression of S-COMT. Mol Cell Endocrinol 331:158-67 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20887769
- Saini S et al. Functional significance of cytochrome P450 1B1 in endometrial carcinogenesis. Cancer Res 69:7038-45 (2009). PubMed: 19690133