Product nameAnti-CYP1B1 antibody
See all CYP1B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CYP1B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CYP1B1 aa 450 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Human brain tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33586 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).Can be blocked with Human CYP1B1 peptide (ab33585).|
|ICC/IF||1/500. (see Abreview)|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It oxidizes a variety of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics.
Participates in the metabolism of an as-yet-unknown biologically active molecule that is a participant in eye development.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CYP1B1 are the cause of primary congenital glaucoma type 3A (GLC3A) [MIM:231300]. GLC3A is an autosomal recessive form of primary congenital glaucoma (PCG). PCG is characterized by marked increase of intraocular pressure at birth or early childhood, large ocular globes (buphthalmos) and corneal edema. It results from developmental defects of the trabecular meshwork and anterior chamber angle of the eye that prevent adequate drainage of aqueous humor.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) [MIM:137760]. POAG is a complex and genetically heterogeneous ocular disorder characterized by a specific pattern of optic nerve and visual field defects. The angle of the anterior chamber of the eye is open, and usually the intraocular pressure is increased. The disease is asymptomatic until the late stages, by which time significant and irreversible optic nerve damage has already taken place. In some cases, POAG shows digenic inheritance involving mutations in CYP1B1 and MYOC genes.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of Peters anomaly (PAN) [MIM:604229]. Peters anomaly is a congenital defect of the anterior chamber of the eye.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase antibody
- CP1B antibody
- CP1B1_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1 : Marker
Lane 2 : Anti-CYP1B1 antibody (ab33586) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Human brain tissue lysate at 10 µg
Lane 2 : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: ~70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab33586 staining CYP1B1 in Human AGS Human gastric carcinoma cultured cells by Immunocytochemistry (ICC). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.025% Triton-X in PBS and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at 23°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in blocking buffer) for 16 hours at 4°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab33586 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yu X et al. Glutamate affects the CYP1B1- and CYP2U1-mediated hydroxylation of arachidonic acid metabolism via astrocytic mGlu5 receptor. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 110:111-121 (2019). PubMed: 30858141
- Zhang X et al. A tryptophan derivative, ITE, enhances liver cell metabolic functions in vitro. Int J Mol Med 39:101-112 (2017). PubMed: 27959388
- Mu W et al. miR-27b synergizes with anticancer drugs via p53 activation and CYP1B1 suppression. Cell Res 25:477-95 (2015). PubMed: 25698578
- Rižner TL Estrogen biosynthesis, phase I and phase II metabolism, and action in endometrial cancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol 381:124-39 (2013). PubMed: 23911898
- Hevir N et al. Disturbed expression of phase I and phase II estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in endometrial cancer: lower levels of CYP1B1 and increased expression of S-COMT. Mol Cell Endocrinol 331:158-67 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20887769
- Berstein LM et al. Aromatase, CYP1B1 and fatty acid synthase expression in breast tumors of BRCA1 mutation carriers. Pathol Oncol Res 15:407-9 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19083124