Product nameAnti-CYP1B1 antibody [EPR14972] - C-terminal
See all CYP1B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14972] to CYP1B1 - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human CYP1B1 aa 400 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q16678
- IHC-P: Human renal adenocarcinoma tissue. WB: Human breast cancer, fetal kidney and fetal brain lysate; Rat brain and spleen lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab185954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 61 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It oxidizes a variety of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics.
Participates in the metabolism of an as-yet-unknown biologically active molecule that is a participant in eye development.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CYP1B1 are the cause of primary congenital glaucoma type 3A (GLC3A) [MIM:231300]. GLC3A is an autosomal recessive form of primary congenital glaucoma (PCG). PCG is characterized by marked increase of intraocular pressure at birth or early childhood, large ocular globes (buphthalmos) and corneal edema. It results from developmental defects of the trabecular meshwork and anterior chamber angle of the eye that prevent adequate drainage of aqueous humor.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) [MIM:137760]. POAG is a complex and genetically heterogeneous ocular disorder characterized by a specific pattern of optic nerve and visual field defects. The angle of the anterior chamber of the eye is open, and usually the intraocular pressure is increased. The disease is asymptomatic until the late stages, by which time significant and irreversible optic nerve damage has already taken place. In some cases, POAG shows digenic inheritance involving mutations in CYP1B1 and MYOC genes.
Defects in CYP1B1 are a cause of Peters anomaly (PAN) [MIM:604229]. Peters anomaly is a congenital defect of the anterior chamber of the eye.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase antibody
- CP1B antibody
- CP1B1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-CYP1B1 antibody [EPR14972] - C-terminal (ab185954) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human breast cancer lysate
Lane 2 : Human fetal kidney lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human renal adenocarcinoma tissue labeling CYP1B1 with ab185954 at 1/500 dilution followed by pre-diluted HRP-conjugated secondary antibody and counter-stained with Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-CYP1B1 antibody [EPR14972] - C-terminal (ab185954) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat brain lysate
Lane 2 : Rat spleen lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Anti-CYP1B1 antibody [EPR14972] - C-terminal (ab185954) at 1/5000 dilution + Human fetal brain lysate at 20 µg
Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
ab185954 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yuan Q et al. Ambient fine particulate matter (PM2.5) induces oxidative stress and pro-inflammatory response via up-regulating the expression of CYP1A1/1B1 in human bronchial epithelial cells in vitro. Mutat Res Genet Toxicol Environ Mutagen 839:40-48 (2019). PubMed: 30744811
- Sun YW et al. E-cigarette Aerosol Condensate Enhances Metabolism of Benzo(a)pyrene to Genotoxic Products, and Induces CYP1A1 and CYP1B1, Likely by Activation of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor. Int J Environ Res Public Health 16:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31373329
- Ghosh A et al. Chronic E-Cigarette Exposure Alters the Human Bronchial Epithelial Proteome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 198:67-76 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29481290
- Kato T et al. Influence of lifestyle choices on risks of CYP1B1 polymorphisms for prostate cancer. J Cell Mol Med 22:4676-4687 (2018). PubMed: 30133114
- Hashikawa KI et al. Dysfunction of the circadian transcriptional factor CLOCK in mice resists chemical carcinogen-induced tumorigenesis. Sci Rep 7:9995 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28855649
- Rentas S et al. Musashi-2 attenuates AHR signalling to expand human haematopoietic stem cells. Nature 532:508-511 (2016). PubMed: 27121842
- Faiq MA et al. A novel methodology for enhanced and consistent heterologous expression of unmodified human cytochrome P450 1B1 (CYP1B1). PLoS One 9:e110473 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25329831