Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [P6] to Cyp3a1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cyp3a1 antibody [P6]
See all Cyp3a1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [P6] to Cyp3a1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Full length protein corresponding to Rat Cyp3a1.
This product was previously labelled as Cytochrome P450 3A1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
RelevanceIn animals, P-450 enzymes serve two major functions: (1) biosynthesis of steroids, fatty acids, and bile acids; (2) metabolism of endogenous and a wide variety of exogenous substrates, such as toxins and drugs. The four major families involved in drug metabolism are CYP 1,2,3, and 4. Cytochrome P450 3A4 [human-3A1 Rat] is abundantly expressed in liver and small intestine and is inducible by barbiturates, glucocorticoids and rifampicin.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum, membrane bound.
- CYP3A1 antibody
- cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily a, polypeptide 1 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab22724 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab22724, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab22724 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yuan K et al. The Effect of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor on Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Engraftment in Rat Fibrotic Liver upon Transplantation. Stem Cells Int 2019:5310202 (2019). PubMed: 31885614
- Gabbia D et al. Pregnane X receptor and constitutive androstane receptor modulate differently CYP3A-mediated metabolism in early- and late-stage cholestasis. World J Gastroenterol 23:7519-7530 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29204052
- Qin Y et al. Comparison of Pharmacokinetics and Tissue Distribution Kinetics of Roxithromycin and Expression of CYP 3A1 between Pregnant Mice and Foetuses. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 120:146-151 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27611991
- Chow EC et al. Functional Integrity of the Chimeric (Humanized) Mouse Liver: Enzyme Zonation, Physiologic Spaces, and Hepatic Enzymes and Transporters. Drug Metab Dispos 44:1524-35 (2016). PubMed: 27342868
- Probert PM et al. Utility of B-13 progenitor-derived hepatocytes in hepatotoxicity and genotoxicity studies. Toxicol Sci 137:350-70 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24235770
- Hu N et al. Opposite effect of diabetes mellitus induced by streptozotocin on oral and intravenous pharmacokinetics of verapamil in rats. Drug Metab Dispos 39:419-25 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21135265
- Matuskova Z et al. Influence of probiotics on rat liver biotransformation enzymes. Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30 Suppl 1:41-5 (2009). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20027143