Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CYP8B1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CYP8B1 antibody
See all CYP8B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CYP8B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CYP8B1.
Database link: Q9UNU6
- HEK293T, RAW 264.7 and H9C2 whole cell lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab191910 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen and the purity is > 95% (by SDS-PAGE).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in bile acid synthesis and is responsible for the conversion of 7 alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one into 7 alpha, 12 alpha-dihydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one. Responsible for the balance between formation of cholic acid and chenodeoxycholic acid. Has a rather broad substrate specificity including a number of 7-alpha-hydroxylated C27 steroids.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 7-alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one 12-alpha-hydroxylase antibody
- 7-alpha-hydroxycholest-4-en-3-one 12-alpha-hydroxylase antibody
- CP8B antibody
ab191910 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Wang X et al. Calcipotriol Inhibits NLRP3 Signal Through YAP1 Activation to Alleviate Cholestatic Liver Injury and Fibrosis. Front Pharmacol 11:200 (2020). PubMed: 32296329
- Liu L et al. Naturally Occurring TPE-CA Maintains Gut Microbiota and Bile Acids Homeostasis via FXR Signaling Modulation of the Liver-Gut Axis. Front Pharmacol 11:12 (2020). PubMed: 32116693
- Chen G & Wu S Role of Baicalin and Liver X Receptor Alpha in the Formation of Cholesterol Gallstones in Mice. Gastroenterol Res Pract 2020:1343969 (2020). PubMed: 32382260
- Wei M et al. A dysregulated bile acid-gut microbiota axis contributes to obesity susceptibility. EBioMedicine 55:102766 (2020). PubMed: 32408110
- Huang F et al. Theabrownin from Pu-erh tea attenuates hypercholesterolemia via modulation of gut microbiota and bile acid metabolism. Nat Commun 10:4971 (2019). PubMed: 31672964
- Pathak P & Chiang JYL Sterol 12a-Hydroxylase Aggravates Dyslipidemia by Activating the Ceramide/mTORC1/SREBP-1C Pathway via FGF21 and FGF15. Gene Expr 19:161-173 (2019). PubMed: 30890204
- Patankar JV et al. Genetic ablation of Cyp8b1 preserves host metabolic function by repressing steatohepatitis and altering gut microbiota composition. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 314:E418-E432 (2018). PubMed: 29066462
- Gallo-Ebert C et al. Mice lacking ARV1 have reduced signs of metabolic syndrome and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. J Biol Chem 293:5956-5974 (2018). PubMed: 29491146