Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cystathionase/CTH
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cystathionase/CTH antibody
See all Cystathionase/CTH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cystathionase/CTH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Cystathionase/CTH aa 194-405.
Database link: P32929
- HeLa, MOLT4 and mouse liver whole cell lysates, hepatoma tissue
This product was previously labelled as Cystathionase
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151769 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionCatalyzes the last step in the transsulfuration pathway from methionine to cysteine. Has broad substrate specificity. Converts cystathionine to cysteine, ammonia and 2-oxobutanoate. Converts two cysteine molecules to lanthionine and hydrogen sulfide. Can also accept homocysteine as substrate. Specificity depends on the levels of the endogenous substrates. Generates the endogenous signaling molecule hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and so contributes to the regulation of blood pressure.
PathwayAmino-acid biosynthesis; L-cysteine biosynthesis; L-cysteine from L-homocysteine and L-serine: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CTH are the cause of cystathioninuria (CSTNU) [MIM:219500]. It is an autosomal recessive phenotype characterized by abnormal accumulation of plasma cystathionine, leading to increased urinary excretion.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the trans-sulfuration enzymes family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- CGL_HUMAN antibody
- CTH antibody
- cystathionase (cystathionine gamma-lyase) antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cystathionase/CTH antibody (ab151769) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell
Lane 2 : MOLT4 whole cell
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Anti-Cystathionase/CTH antibody (ab151769) at 1/1000 dilution + Mouse liver whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human hepatoma tissue labeling Cystathionase/CTH with ab151769 antibody at 1/500.
ab151769 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Wu L et al. H2S-activatable near-infrared afterglow luminescent probes for sensitive molecular imaging in vivo. Nat Commun 11:446 (2020). PubMed: 31974383
- Augsburger F et al. Role of 3-Mercaptopyruvate Sulfurtransferase in the Regulation of Proliferation, Migration, and Bioenergetics in Murine Colon Cancer Cells. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32183148
- Wilkie SE et al. Strain-specificity in the hydrogen sulphide signalling network following dietary restriction in recombinant inbred mice. Geroscience 42:801-812 (2020). PubMed: 32162209
- Nlandu-Khodo S et al. Tubular ß-catenin and FoxO3 interactions protect in chronic kidney disease. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32369448
- Wang SY et al. Methionine restriction delays senescence and suppresses the senescence-associated secretory phenotype in the kidney through endogenous hydrogen sulfide. Cell Cycle 18:1573-1587 (2019). PubMed: 31164038