Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4413] to Cystatin C
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Cystatin C antibody [EPR4413]
See all Cystatin C primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4413] to Cystatin C
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to residues in Human Cystatin C.
- WB: Human testis, Caco2, U20S, HeLa, HepG2, and U87-MG lysates. IHC-P: Human brain tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAs an inhibitor of cysteine proteinases, this protein is thought to serve an important physiological role as a local regulator of this enzyme activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in submandibular and sublingual saliva but not in parotid saliva (at protein level). Expressed in various body fluids, such as the cerebrospinal fluid and plasma. Expressed in highest levels in the epididymis, vas deferens, brain, thymus, and ovary and the lowest in the submandibular gland.
Involvement in diseaseAmyloidosis 6
Macular degeneration, age-related, 11
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cystatin family.
modificationsThe Thr-25 variant is O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan. The signal peptide of the O-glycosylated Thr-25 variant is cleaved between Ala-20 and Val-21.
- Information by UniProt
- AD 8 antibody
- AD8 antibody
- Amyloid angiopathy and cerebral hemorrhage antibody
Lane 1: Wild type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CST3 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: Caco2 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: U20S whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab109508 observed at 15 kDa. Red - loading control, ab9484, observed at 37 kDa.
ab109508 was shown to specifically react with CST3 when CST3 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and CST3 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab109508 and ab9484 (Mouse anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 10000 dilution and 1/10000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-Cystatin C antibody [EPR4413] (ab109508) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human testis lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : U87-MG cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 13 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue using ab109508 at adilution of 1/250.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109508 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Grigore F et al. BRAF inhibition in melanoma is associated with the dysregulation of histone methylation and histone methyltransferases. Neoplasia 22:376-389 (2020). PubMed: 32629178
- Kogot-Levin A et al. Proximal Tubule mTORC1 Is a Central Player in the Pathophysiology of Diabetic Nephropathy and Its Correction by SGLT2 Inhibitors. Cell Rep 32:107954 (2020). PubMed: 32726619
- Sher AA et al. Zika Virus Infection Disrupts Astrocytic Proteins Involved in Synapse Control and Axon Guidance. Front Microbiol 10:596 (2019). PubMed: 30984137
- Watanabe S et al. Intracerebroventricular administration of Cystatin C ameliorates disease in SOD1-linked amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mice. J Neurochem 145:80-89 (2018). PubMed: 29282717
- Lee RK et al. Expression of cystatin C in the female reproductive tract and its effect on human sperm capacitation. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 16:8 (2018). PubMed: 29378615