Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox antibody
See all Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox
SpecificityPlease note, previous lots of this product were guaranteed in ICC/IF. We are having trouble reproducing new lots suitable for ICC/IF. Therefore this application has been removed and it no longer guaranteed.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox aa 100 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HepG2 Whole Cell, Mouse Pancreas Tissue, Mouse Spleen Tissue. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal lung.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75941 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 19, 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceCytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22phox is a critical component of the membrane-bound oxidase complex that generates superoxide. It complexes with NOX3 to form a functional NADPH oxidase.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- CYBA antibody
- Cytochrome b 245 alpha polypeptide antibody
- Cytochrome b 245 light chain antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox antibody (ab75941) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Pancreas (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Spleen (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
Additional bands at: 19 kDa (possible cleavage fragment), 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
We hypothesize that the 21 kDa band represents the pro-form of Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox, and the 19 kDa band represents the mature form.
Immunohistochemical analyses of p22phox using ab75941 (1/200) in normal adrenocortical tissue (b-c) and adrenal aldosterone-producing adenoma, (e-f) p22phox presents a gradient of expression in the entire adrenal cortex (100x), and its localization was restricted to the cell membrane (400x). Sections were incubated with primary antibody at 4°C overnight and with a HRP-conjugated secondary antibody for 30 minutes at 37°C.
IHC image of Cytochrome b245 Light Chain/p22-phox staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human lung* performed on a Leica BONDTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab75941, 1ug/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab75941 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Feillet-Coudray C et al. Long-Term Measures of Dyslipidemia, Inflammation, and Oxidative Stress in Rats Fed a High-Fat/High-Fructose Diet. Lipids 54:81-97 (2019). PubMed: 30767221
- Sandoval R et al. TNF-a Increases Production of Reactive Oxygen Species through Cdk5 Activation in Nociceptive Neurons. Front Physiol 9:65 (2018). PubMed: 29467671
- Liang X et al. Reactive oxygen species mediated oxidative stress links diabetes and atrial fibrillation. Mol Med Rep 17:4933-4940 (2018). PubMed: 29393403
- Habtetsion T et al. Alteration of Tumor Metabolism by CD4+ T Cells Leads to TNF-a-Dependent Intensification of Oxidative Stress and Tumor Cell Death. Cell Metab 28:228-242.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29887396
- Yang CF et al. NOX4/ROS mediate ethanol-induced apoptosis via MAPK signal pathway in L-02 cells. Int J Mol Med 41:2306-2316 (2018). PubMed: 29336467