Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome b5
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytochrome b5 antibody
See all Cytochrome b5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome b5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal region of Human Cytochrome b5.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 15 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCytochrome b5 is a membrane bound hemoprotein which function as an electron carrier for several membrane bound oxygenases.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CYB5A are the cause of methemoglobinemia CYB5A-related (METHB-CYB5A) [MIM:250790]. A form of methemoglobinemia, a hematologic disease characterized by the presence of excessive amounts of methemoglobin in blood cells, resulting in decreased oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, cyanosis and hypoxia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome b5 family.
Contains 1 cytochrome b5 heme-binding domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CYB 5 antibody
- CYB 5A antibody
- CYB5 antibody
IHC image of ab69801 staining in human normal liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab69801, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-Cytochrome b5 antibody (ab69801) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from A549 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from A549 cells with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 15 kDa
Left: NIH/3T3 cells stained with ab69801 at 1/500 dilution; Right: the antibody was pre-incubated with the immunizing peptide.
ab69801 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Reed L et al. Application of hepatic cytochrome b5/P450 reductase null (HBRN) mice to study the role of cytochrome b5 in the cytochrome P450-mediated bioactivation of the anticancer drug ellipticine. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 366:64-74 (2019). PubMed: 30685480
- Reed L et al. Cytochrome b 5 impacts on cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene and its DNA adduct formation: studies in hepatic cytochrome b 5 /P450 reductase null (HBRN) mice. Arch Toxicol 92:1625-1638 (2018). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 29368147
- Stark K et al. CYB5A polymorphism increases androgens and reduces risk of rheumatoid arthritis in women. Arthritis Res Ther 17:56 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25890314
- Chen K et al. AMP activated protein kinase is indispensable for myocardial adaptation to caloric restriction in mice. PLoS One 8:e59682 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23527250
- Khan R et al. Protein expression profiling of nuclear membrane protein reveals potential biomarker of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Proteomics 10:6 (2013). PubMed: 23724895
- Idkowiak J et al. A missense mutation in the human cytochrome b5 gene causes 46,XY disorder of sex development due to true isolated 17,20 lyase deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E465-75 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22170710
- Ménoret A et al. Cytochrome b5 and cytokeratin 17 are biomarkers in bronchoalveolar fluid signifying onset of acute lung injury. PLoS One 7:e40184 (2012). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 22792238
- Kotrbová V et al. Cytochrome b(5) shifts oxidation of the anticancer drug ellipticine by cytochromes P450 1A1 and 1A2 from its detoxication to activation, thereby modulating its pharmacological efficacy. Biochem Pharmacol 82:669-80 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21683692