Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Tissue, Tissue Lysate
Product nameCytochrome C Oxidase Assay Kit
See all Complex IV kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Tissue, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Cytochrome C Oxidase Activity Assay Kit (ab239711) is simple, fast and high-throughput adaptable. This assay kit can be used for purified mitochondria or tissue extracts containing mitochondria. The kit provides for the fast and simple measurement of Cytochrome c oxidase activity on a 96-well plate format. The activity of the enzyme is determined colorimetrically by following the oxidation of reduced Cytochrome c as an absorbance decrease at 550 nm.
Range of complex IV / cytochrome c oxidase assay kits
Biochemical assay - ab239711 (this kit)
Immunocapture with biochemical assay and ELISA - ab109910 (human)
ELISA - ab179880 (human)
Other related products
Review the mitochondrial assay guide, or the full metabolism assay guide to learn about more assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 1 M DTT 1 x 1ml 96-well Plate 1 unit Cytochrome c 2 vials Cytochrome Oxidase Assay Buffer 1 x 25ml Enzyme Dilution Buffer 1 x 8ml
- Cytochrome c oxidase
- Cytochrome oxidase
ab239711 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Cui L et al. Mitochondrial copper depletion suppresses triple-negative breast cancer in mice. Nat Biotechnol 39:357-367 (2021). PubMed: 33077961
- Hu K et al. Marriage of black phosphorus and Cu2+ as effective photothermal agents for PET-guided combination cancer therapy. Nat Commun 11:2778 (2020). PubMed: 32513979