Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3B8C1] to Cytochrome P450 1A2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytochrome P450 1A2 antibody [3B8C1]
See all Cytochrome P450 1A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3B8C1] to Cytochrome P450 1A2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Rat Cytochrome P450 1A2 proteins
- IHC-P: Normal human liver sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab56073 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It oxidizes a variety of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics. Most active in catalyzing 2-hydroxylation. Caffeine is metabolized primarily by cytochrome CYP1A2 in the liver through an initial N3-demethylation. Also acts in the metabolism of aflatoxin B1 and acetaminophen. Participates in the bioactivation of carcinogenic aromatic and heterocyclic amines. Catalizes the N-hydroxylation of heterocyclic amines and the O-deethylation of phenacetin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase antibody
- CP 12 antibody
- CP12 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cytochrome P450 1A2 antibody [3B8C1] (ab56073)
Lane 2 : recombinant CYP1B1 at 0.5pmol/lane
Lane 3 : recombinant CYP1A1 at 0.5pmol/lane
Lane 4 : recombinant CYP1A2 at 0.5pmol/lane
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa
Immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded normal human liver tissue section using ab56073.
ab56073 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang X et al. A tryptophan derivative, ITE, enhances liver cell metabolic functions in vitro. Int J Mol Med 39:101-112 (2017). PubMed: 27959388
- Higuchi Y et al. Functional polymer-dependent 3D culture accelerates the differentiation of HepaRG cells into mature hepatocytes. Hepatol Res 46:1045-57 (2016). PubMed: 26724677
- Gustafsson F et al. A correlation between the in vitro drug toxicity of drugs to cell lines that express human P450s and their propensity to cause liver injury in humans. Toxicol Sci 137:189-211 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24085192
- Fan J et al. Up-regulation of transporters and enzymes by the vitamin D receptor ligands, 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and vitamin D analogs, in the Caco-2 cell monolayer. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 330:389-402 (2009). PubMed: 19414624
- Fisher CD et al. Hepatic cytochrome P450 enzyme alterations in humans with progressive stages of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Drug Metab Dispos 37:2087-94 (2009). PubMed: 19651758