Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9985(B)] to Cytochrome P450 2B6/CYP2B6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cytochrome P450 2B6/CYP2B6 antibody [EPR9985(B)]
See all Cytochrome P450 2B6/CYP2B6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9985(B)] to Cytochrome P450 2B6/CYP2B6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cytochrome P450 2B6/CYP2B6 aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900) and fetal kidney lysates
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Cytochrome P450 2B6.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab140609 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It oxidizes a variety of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics.
Tissue specificityExpressed in liver, lung and heart right ventricle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
modificationsPhosphorylation is accompanied by a decrease in enzyme activity.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 1,4 cineole 2 exo monooxygenase antibody
- 11B1 antibody
- CP2B6_HUMAN antibody
ab140609 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Valencia-Cervantes J et al. Hypoxia increases chemoresistance in human medulloblastoma DAOY cells via hypoxia-inducible factor 1a-mediated downregulation of the CYP2B6, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 enzymes and inhibition of cell proliferation. Oncol Rep 41:178-190 (2019). PubMed: 30320358