Product nameAnti-Cytochrome P450 2C8 + 2C9 + 2C19 + 2C12 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome P450 2C8 + 2C9 + 2C19 + 2C12
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-M, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH by a MBS linker.
- Rat liver microsomal preparations and rat brain
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22596 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.
Dilute to working strength with 50mM Tris-HCl buffer (pH 7.6) containing 1.5% sodium chloride and 1% normal goat serum (if a goat anti-rabbit IgG linker antibody is to be used). Store diluted antibody at 2-4°C and use within 1 month.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThe cytochrome P450 superfamily of heme-thiolate mono-oxygenases play a key role in the oxidative metabolism of many endogenous and exogenous molecules and are classified by their primary structure into four main groups. It is an ancient superfamily, which has been identified in prokaryotes and in many types of eukaryotic cells. Cytochrome P450 2 family, (CYP2) is the largest of the four groups, having five sub-families, 2A-2E. Anti-depressants are metabolised by, and are competitive inhibitors of, several CYP2C isozymes including CYP2C8, 2C9 and 2C19 amongst others. The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug indomethacin has recently been shown to be o-demethylated exclusively by CYP2C9 in humans. Rat CYP2C12, which shares a common C-terminal amino acid sequence with 2C8, 2C9 and 2C19, is a sex-dependent steroid hydroxylase present in liver which is transcriptionally activated by the continuous plasma growth hormone profile characteristic of adult female rats.
Cellular localizationMembrane-bound. Endoplasmic reticulum
- CPC12 antibody
- CPC8 antibody
- CPC9 antibody
ab22596 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Shao Z et al. Cytochrome P450 2C8 ?3-long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolites increase mouse retinal pathologic neovascularization--brief report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 34:581-6 (2014). IHC - Wholemount, WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24458713
- Michaud V et al. Metabolic activity and mRNA levels of human cardiac CYP450s involved in drug metabolism. PLoS One 5:e15666 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 21179487
- Meissonnier GM et al. Subclinical doses of T-2 toxin impair acquired immune response and liver cytochrome P450 in pigs. Toxicology 247:46-54 (2008). PubMed: 18355953