Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 antibody
See all Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Other Immunogen Type (His-tag) corresponding to Human Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4. Purified, His-tagged, full length human P450 3A4 fusion protein.
- Rat liver lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Cytochrome P450 3A4
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3572 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa). A 46kDa band is detected in rat liver extracts.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It performs a variety of oxidation reactions (e.g. caffeine 8-oxidation, omeprazole sulphoxidation, midazolam 1'-hydroxylation and midazolam 4-hydroxylation) of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics. The enzyme also hydroxylates etoposide.
Tissue specificityExpressed in prostate and liver. According to some authors, it is not expressed in brain (PubMed:19094056). According to others, weak levels of expression are measured in some brain locations (PubMed:19359404 and PubMed:18545703). Also expressed in epithelium of the small intestine and large intestine, bile duct, nasal mucosa, kidney, adrenal cortex, epithelium of the gastric mucosa with intestinal metaplasia, gallbladder, intercalated ducts of the pancreas, chief cells of the parathyroid and the corpus luteum of the ovary (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated in the presence of AMFR and UBE2G1 and also STUB1/CHIP and UBE2D1 (in vitro).
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Microsome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 1,8-cineole 2-exo-monooxygenase antibody
- Albendazole monooxygenase antibody
- Albendazole sulfoxidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 antibody (ab3572) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse liver with Skimmed milk
Lane 2 : Rat liver with Skimmed milk
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Blocking peptides at 5 % per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
ab3572 (1µg/ml) staining Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 in human Liver using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of cytoplasm of the plates of hepatic cells .
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Western blot of Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 on rat liver extract using ab3572.
ab3572 at a dilution of 1/2000 staining Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 in rat liver extract by Western blot.
Anti-Cytochrome P450 3A4/CYP3A4 antibody (ab3572) at 1/500 dilution + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 26 kDa, 29 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 90 seconds
ab3572 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Reed L et al. Application of hepatic cytochrome b5/P450 reductase null (HBRN) mice to study the role of cytochrome b5 in the cytochrome P450-mediated bioactivation of the anticancer drug ellipticine. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 366:64-74 (2019). PubMed: 30685480
- Zhou XY et al. Enzymatic Activities of CYP3A4 Allelic Variants on Quinine 3-Hydroxylation In Vitro. Front Pharmacol 10:591 (2019). PubMed: 31214030
- Katsuda T et al. Generation of human hepatic progenitor cells with regenerative and metabolic capacities from primary hepatocytes. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31393263
- Lin Y et al. Bmal1 regulates circadian expression of cytochrome P450 3a11 and drug metabolism in mice. Commun Biol 2:378 (2019). PubMed: 31633069
- He Z et al. Chaihu-Shugan-San Reinforces CYP3A4 Expression via Pregnane X Receptor in Depressive Treatment of Liver-Qi Stagnation Syndrome. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:9781675 (2019). PubMed: 31781287