Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 1 antibody
See all Cytokeratin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Cytokeratin 1 (internal sequence).
Database link: NM_006121
- WB: Fetal skin lysate IHC-P: Skin tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93652 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionMay regulate the activity of kinases such as PKC and SRC via binding to integrin beta-1 (ITB1) and the receptor of activated protein kinase C (RACK1/GNB2L1).
Tissue specificityThe source of this protein is neonatal foreskin. The 67-kDa type II keratins are expressed in terminally differentiating epidermis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT1 are a cause of bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma (BCIE) [MIM:113800]; also known as epidermolytic hyperkeratosis (EHK) or bullous erythroderma ichthyosiformis congenita of Brocq. BCIE is an autosomal dominant skin disorder characterized by widespread blistering and an ichthyotic erythroderma at birth that persist into adulthood. Histologically there is a diffuse epidermolytic degeneration in the lower spinous layer of the epidermis. Within a few weeks from birth, erythroderma and blister formation diminish and hyperkeratoses develop.
Defects in KRT1 are the cause of ichthyosis hystrix Curth-Macklin type (IHCM) [MIM:146590]. IHCM is a genodermatosis with severe verrucous hyperkeratosis. Affected individuals manifest congenital verrucous black scale on the scalp, neck, and limbs with truncal erythema, palmoplantar keratoderma and keratoses on the lips, ears, nipples and buttocks.
Defects in KRT1 are a cause of palmoplantar keratoderma non-epidermolytic (NEPPK) [MIM:600962]. NEPKK is a dermatological disorder characterized by focal palmoplantar keratoderma with oral, genital, and follicular lesions.
Defects in KRT1 are a cause of ichthyosis annular epidermolytic (AEI) [MIM:607602]; also known as cyclic ichthyosis with epidermolytic hyperkeratosis. AEI is a skin disorder resembling bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma. Affected individuals present with bullous ichthyosis in early childhood and hyperkeratotic lichenified plaques in the flexural areas and extensor surfaces at later ages. The feature that distinguishes AEI from BCIE is dramatic episodes of flares of annular polycyclic plaques with scale, which coalesce to involve most of the body surface and can persist for several weeks or even months.
Defects in KRT1 are the cause of palmoplantar keratoderma striate type 3 (SPPK3) [MIM:607654]; also known as keratosis palmoplantaris striata III. SPPK3 is a dermatological disorder affecting palm and sole skin where stratum corneum and epidermal layers are thickened. There is no involvement of non-palmoplantar skin, and both hair and nails are normal.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsUndergoes deimination of some arginine residues (citrullination).
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Located on plasma membrane of neuroblastoma NMB7 cells.
- Information by UniProt
- 67 kDa cytokeratin antibody
- CK-1 antibody
- CK1 antibody
ab93652, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Cytokeratin 1 in the membrane of formalin fixed, paraffin embedded skin tissue section by Immunohistochemistry.
Anti-Cytokeratin 1 antibody (ab93652) at 1/500 dilution + fetal skin lysate
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
ab14404 staining Cytokeratin 1 in Human LNCaP, prostate cancer cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% Donkey serum for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 1% Donkey serum in PBST) for 1 hour at 22°C. A DyLight® 594-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody. Red - cytokeratin 1, Green - Golgi marker ST3Gal1, Blue - nucleus (DAPI).
ab93652 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Frempah B et al. IL-6 Negatively Regulates IL-22Ra Expression on Epidermal Keratinocytes: Implications for Irritant Contact Dermatitis. J Immunol Res 2019:6276254 (2019). PubMed: 31781680
- Chen X et al. Dental Follicle Stem Cells Ameliorate Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammation by Secreting TGF-ß3 and TSP-1 to Elicit Macrophage M2 Polarization. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:2290-2308 (2018). PubMed: 30537736
- Mi B et al. The Designer Antimicrobial Peptide A-hBD-2 Facilitates Skin Wound Healing by Stimulating Keratinocyte Migration and Proliferation. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:647-663 (2018). PubMed: 30463067
- Cao L et al. Keratin mediates the recognition of apoptotic and necrotic cells through dendritic cell receptor DEC205/CD205. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:13438-13443 (2016). PubMed: 27821726
- Kim D et al. To Control Site-Specific Skin Gene Expression, Autocrine Mimics Paracrine Canonical Wnt Signaling and Is Activated Ectopically in Skin Disease. Am J Pathol 186:1140-50 (2016). PubMed: 27105735
- Hill DS et al. A Novel Fully Humanized 3D Skin Equivalent to Model Early Melanoma Invasion. Mol Cancer Ther 14:2665-73 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26330548
- Petrosyan A et al. Keratin 1 plays a critical role in golgi localization of core 2 N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase M via interaction with its cytoplasmic tail. J Biol Chem 290:6256-69 (2015). PubMed: 25605727