Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [LL002] to Cytokeratin 14 (FITC)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [LL002] (FITC)
See all Cytokeratin 14 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LL002] to Cytokeratin 14 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesAmmonium sulphate precipitation followed by ion exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77684 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.|
FunctionThe nonhelical tail domain is involved in promoting KRT5-KRT14 filaments to self-organize into large bundles and enhances the mechanical properties involved in resilience of keratin intermediate filaments in vitro.
Tissue specificityDetected in the basal layer, lowered within the more apically located layers specifically in the stratum spinosum, stratum granulosum but is not detected in stratum corneum. Strongly expressed in the outer root sheath of anagen follicles but not in the germinative matrix, inner root sheath or hair. Found in keratinocytes surrounding the club hair during telogen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling-Meara type (DM-EBS) [MIM:131760]. DM-EBS is a severe form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized herpetiform blistering, milia formation, dystrophic nails, and mucous membrane involvement.
Defects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Weber-Cockayne type (WC-EBS) [MIM:131800]. WC-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by blistering limited to palmar and plantar areas of the skin.
Defects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Koebner type (K-EBS) [MIM:131900]. K-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized skin blistering. The phenotype is not fundamentally distinct from the Dowling-Meara type, although it is less severe.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex autosomal recessive (AREBS) [MIM:601001]. AREBS is an intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by localized blistering on the dorsal, lateral and plantar surfaces of the feet.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of Naegeli-Franceschetti-Jadassohn syndrome (NFJS) [MIM:161000]; also known as Naegeli syndrome. NFJS is a rare autosomal dominant form of ectodermal dysplasia. The cardinal features are absence of dermatoglyphics (fingerprints), reticular cutaneous hyperpigmentation (starting at about the age of 2 years without a preceding inflammatory stage), palmoplantar keratoderma, hypohidrosis with diminished sweat gland function and discomfort provoked by heat, nail dystrophy, and tooth enamel defects.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of dermatopathia pigmentosa reticularis (DPR) [MIM:125595]. DPR is a rare ectodermal dysplasia characterized by lifelong persistent reticulate hyperpigmentation, noncicatricial alopecia, and nail dystrophy.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Expressed in both as a filamentous pattern.
- Information by UniProt
- CK 14 antibody
- CK-14 antibody
- ck14 antibody
Overlay histogram showing A431 cells stained with ab77684 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab77684, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG3 FITC (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in A431 cells fixed with 80% methanol/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
IHC image of ab77684 staining in human skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab77684, neat, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab77684 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Crowell PD et al. Expansion of Luminal Progenitor Cells in the Aging Mouse and Human Prostate. Cell Rep 28:1499-1510.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31390564
- Halim NS et al. The effect of mesenchymal stem cell-secreted factors on airway epithelial repair. Regen Med N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30566028
- Liu J et al. Homemade-device-induced negative pressure promotes wound healing more efficiently than VSD-induced positive pressure by regulating inflammation, proliferation and remodeling. Int J Mol Med 39:879-888 (2017). Rabbit . PubMed: 28290607
- Kardia E et al. Stimulatory Secretions of Airway Epithelial Cells Accelerate Early Repair of Tracheal Epithelium. Sci Rep 7:11732 (2017). PubMed: 28916766
- Kurtova AV et al. Blocking PGE2-induced tumour repopulation abrogates bladder cancer chemoresistance. Nature 517:209-13 (2015). PubMed: 25470039
- Freeman A et al. Comparative immune phenotypic analysis of cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Intraepidermal Carcinoma in immune-competent individuals: proportional representation of CD8+ T-cells but not FoxP3+ Regulatory T-cells is associated with disease stage. PLoS One 9:e110928 (2014). PubMed: 25340823
- Akinci MA et al. Differential gene expression in the pig limbal side population: implications for stem cell cycling, replication, and survival. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5630-8 (2009). PubMed: 19608544
- Wang DY et al. Propagation and phenotypic preservation of rabbit limbal epithelial cells on amniotic membrane. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4698-704 (2003). IHC-P ; Human, Rabbit . PubMed: 14578389
- Purkis PE et al. Antibody markers of basal cells in complex epithelia. J Cell Sci 97 ( Pt 1):39-50 (1990). ICC/IF, IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 1701769