Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [LHK15] to Cytokeratin 15
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 15 antibody [LHK15]
See all Cytokeratin 15 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LHK15] to Cytokeratin 15
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Cytokeratin 15 (C terminal).
- IHC-P: FFPE human breast normal. ICC-IF: A431 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80522 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
Tissue specificityExpressed in a discontinuous manner in the basal cell layer of adult skin epidermis, but continuously in the basal layer of fetal skin epidermis and nail. Also expressed in the outer root sheath above the hair bulb in hair follicle (at protein level). Expressed homogeneously in all cell layers of the esophagus and exocervix, but detected in the basal cell layer only of oral mucosa, skin and in the basal plus the next two layers of the suprabasal epithelium of the palate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Information by UniProt
- AI528832 antibody
- CK 15 antibody
- CK-15 antibody
ab80522 stained in A431cells. The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10min) at room temperature and incubated with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% triton for 1 hour at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab80522 at 5 µg/ml and ab6046 (Rabbit polyclonal to beta tubulin) at 1ug/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150117 (colored green) used at 1 ug/ml and ab150087 (pseudo-colored red) used at 2 µg/ml for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1 hour at room temperature.
ab8969 staining keratin 15 in rat hair folicles by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in 0.25% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 21°C. A TRITC conjugated mouse anti-mouse antibody, diluted 1/85, was used as the secondary.
ab80522 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Aldehlawi H et al. The monoclonal antibody EPR1614Y against the stem cell biomarker keratin K15 lacks specificity and reacts with other keratins. Sci Rep 9:1943 (2019). PubMed: 30760780
- Oulès B et al. Mutant Lef1 controls Gata6 in sebaceous gland development and cancer. EMBO J 38:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30886049
- Hawkshaw NJ et al. Deciphering the molecular morphology of the human hair cycle: Wnt signalling during the telogen-anagen transformation. Br J Dermatol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31314901
- Yang Q et al. In vitro Characteristics of Heterogeneous Equine Hoof Progenitor Cell Isolates. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 7:155 (2019). PubMed: 31355191
- Zhou H et al. Feasibility of repairing full-thickness skin defects by iPSC-derived epithelial stem cells seeded on a human acellular amniotic membrane. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:155 (2019). PubMed: 31151466