Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human Cytokeratin 18 aa 400 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- A431 cell lysate, human urothelial carcinoma cells and HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52948 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody (ab52948) at 1/50000 dilution + A431 cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HR at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa
ab52948 at 1/250 dilution staining Cytokeratin 18 in urothelial carcinoma cells by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52948 at 1/250 dilution staining Cytokeratin 18 in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence
ab52948 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Cruz R et al. Epithelial Keratins Modulate cMet Expression and Signaling and Promote InlB-Mediated Listeria monocytogenes Infection of HeLa Cells. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 8:146 (2018). PubMed: 29868502
- Weber-Ouellette A et al. Luminal MCF-12A & myoepithelial-like Hs 578Bst cells form bilayered acini similar to human breast. Future Sci OA 4:FSO315 (2018). PubMed: 30112185
- Campo H et al. De- and recellularization of the pig uterus: a bioengineering pilot study. Biol Reprod 96:34-45 (2017). PubMed: 28395322
- Cook CD et al. Local remodeling of synthetic extracellular matrix microenvironments by co-cultured endometrial epithelial and stromal cells enables long-term dynamic physiological function. Integr Biol (Camb) 9:271-289 (2017). PubMed: 28317948
- De Cian MC et al. Amplification of R-spondin1 signaling induces granulosa cell fate defects and cancers in mouse adult ovary. Oncogene 36:208-218 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27270435