Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [DC 10] to Cytokeratin 18
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, ICC, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC 10]
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DC 10] to Cytokeratin 18
SpecificitySpecific reactivity for the cytokeratin 18 (45 kD) polypeptide.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, ICC, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Pig, a wide range of other species
PMC-42 human breast carcinoma cells.
- IHC-P: Colon carcinoma WB, ELISA, IP: MCF-7 or HeLa cell lysate
This antibody reacts with a wide variety of simple epithelia. It does not react with stratified squamous epithelia. It reacts with epithelial tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, pancreas, ovary, and thyroid.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Primary antibody notesThis antibody reacts with a wide variety of simple epithelia. It does not react with stratified squamous epithelia. It reacts with epithelial tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, pancreas, ovary, and thyroid.
Clone numberDC 10
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7797 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/100.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. (Direct)|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
Immunohistochemistry staining of human colon (paraffin sections) using ab7797 10 μg/ml
Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC 10] (ab7797) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Overlay histogram showing MCF-7 cells stained with ab7797 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7797, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight ® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF-7 cells fixed with methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
ab7797 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Al-Khalaf HH et al. Senescent Breast Luminal Cells Promote Carcinogenesis through Interleukin-8-Dependent Activation of Stromal Fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30397077
- Deng H et al. Establishment and optimization of epithelial cell cultures from human ectocervix, transformation zone, and endocervix optimization of epithelial cell cultures. J Cell Physiol 234:7683-7694 (2019). PubMed: 30609028
- Deng H et al. Susceptibility of epithelial cells cultured from different regions of human cervix to HPV16-induced immortalization. PLoS One 13:e0199761 (2018). PubMed: 29944714
- Deng H et al. HPV16-Immortalized Cells from Human Transformation Zone and Endocervix are More Dysplastic than Ectocervical Cells in Organotypic Culture. Sci Rep 8:15402 (2018). PubMed: 30337615
- Green CJ et al. The isolation of primary hepatocytes from human tissue: optimising the use of small non-encapsulated liver resection surplus. Cell Tissue Bank 18:597-604 (2017). PubMed: 28717878