Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1611] to Cytokeratin 18
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [EPR1611]
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1611] to Cytokeratin 18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Cytokeratin 18 (P05783).
- MCF-7, A431, and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035), HeLa cells
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133302 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
ab133302 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Jeong BY et al. Oxidative stress caused by activation of NADPH oxidase 4 promotes contrast-induced acute kidney injury. PLoS One 13:e0191034 (2018). PubMed: 29329317
- Hirai A et al. Prognostic impact of programmed death-ligand 1 expression in correlation with human leukocyte antigen class I expression status in stage I adenocarcinoma of the lung. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 155:382-392.e1 (2018). PubMed: 28711324