Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 19
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 19 antibody
See all Cytokeratin 19 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 19
Specificityab53119 detects endogenous levels of total Cytokeratin 19 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide derived form human Cytokeratin 19.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInvolved in the organization of myofibers. Together with KRT8, helps to link the contractile apparatus to dystrophin at the costameres of striated muscle.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a defined zone of basal keratinocytes in the deep outer root sheath of hair follicles. Also observed in sweat gland and mammary gland ductal and secretory cells, bile ducts, gastrointestinal tract, bladder urothelium, oral epithelia, esophagus, ectocervical epithelium (at protein level). Expressed in epidermal basal cells, in nipple epidermis and a defined region of the hair follicle. Also seen in a subset of vascular wall cells in both the veins and artery of human umbilical cord, and in umbilical cord vascular smooth muscle. Observed in muscle fibers accumulating in the costameres of myoplasm at the sarcolemma in structures that contain dystrophin and spectrin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stagePresent in hair follicles at all stages of development.
DomainThis keratin differs from all other IF proteins in lacking the C-terminal tail domain.
- Information by UniProt
- 40 kDa keratin intermediate filament antibody
- CK 19 antibody
- CK-19 antibody
ab53119 at 1/50 dilution staining Cytokeratin 19 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence and presence of the immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Cytokeratin 19 antibody (ab53119) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : LOVO cell extract
Lane 2 : LOVO cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
Observed band size: 44 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab53119 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53119, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53119 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Razumilava N et al. Hedgehog Signaling Modulates Interleukin-33-Dependent Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cell Proliferation in Mice. Hepatol Commun 3:277-292 (2019). PubMed: 30766964
- Kim EM et al. Connexin 43 plays an important role in the transformation of cholangiocytes with Clonochis sinensis excretory-secretory protein and N-nitrosodimethylamine. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 13:e0006843 (2019). PubMed: 30943209
- Quaranta V et al. Macrophage-Derived Granulin Drives Resistance to Immune Checkpoint Inhibition in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer. Cancer Res 78:4253-4269 (2018). PubMed: 29789416
- Yang S et al. Abnormalities in the basement membrane structure promote basal keratinocytes in the epidermis of hypertrophic scars to adopt a proliferative phenotype. Int J Mol Med 37:1263-73 (2016). IHC-P, WB ; Human . PubMed: 26986690
- Miura N et al. Efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer assessed by metastatic potential associated with ACTN4. Oncotarget 7:33165-78 (2016). PubMed: 27121206
- Eidet JR et al. The impact of storage temperature on the morphology, viability, cell number and metabolism of cultured human conjunctival epithelium. Curr Eye Res 40:30-9 (2015). PubMed: 24750037
- Zhao Z et al. Direct reprogramming of human fibroblasts into sweat gland-like cells. Cell Cycle 14:3498-505 (2015). PubMed: 26566868
- Morris EV et al. Nuclear iASPP may facilitate prostate cancer progression. Cell Death Dis 5:e1492 (2014). PubMed: 25341046