Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AE5] to Cytokeratin 3/CK-3
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 3/CK-3 antibody [AE5]
See all Cytokeratin 3/CK-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AE5] to Cytokeratin 3/CK-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Cow, Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Rabbit Cytokeratin 3/CK-3.
Previously labelled as Cytokeratin 3.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77869 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.|
Tissue specificityCornea specific.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT3 are a cause of Meesmann corneal dystrophy (MECD) [MIM:122100]; also abbreviated as MCD and known as juvenile epithelial corneal dystrophy of Meesmann. MECD is an autosomal dominant disease that causes fragility of the anterior corneal epithelium. Patients are usually asymptomatic until adulthood when rupture of the corneal microcysts may cause erosions, producing clinical symptoms such as photophobia, contact lens intolerance and intermittent diminution of visual acuity. Rarely, subepithelial scarring causes irregular corneal astigmatism and permanent visual impairment. Histological examination shows a disorganized and thickened epithelium with widespread cytoplasmic vacuolation and numerous small, round, debris-laden intraepithelial cysts.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Information by UniProt
- 65 kDa cytokeratin antibody
- CK-3 antibody
- CK3 antibody
Overlay histogram showing A431 cells stained with ab77869 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab77869, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab77869 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. The Role of the miR-21/SPRY2 Axis in Modulating Proangiogenic Factors, Epithelial Phenotypes, and Wound Healing in Corneal Epithelial Cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:3854-3862 (2019). PubMed: 31529118
- Inamochi A et al. Simple oral mucosal epithelial transplantation in a rabbit model. Sci Rep 9:18088 (2019). PubMed: 31792300
- Masterton S & Ahearne M Influence of polydimethylsiloxane substrate stiffness on corneal epithelial cells. R Soc Open Sci 6:191796 (2019). PubMed: 31903218
- Zheng M et al. Fibronectin regulates the self-renewal of rabbit limbal epithelial stem cells by stimulating the Wnt11/Fzd7/ROCK non-canonical Wnt pathway. Exp Eye Res 185:107681 (2019). PubMed: 31150636
- Shivakumar S et al. Chloroquine Protects Human Corneal Epithelial Cells from Desiccation Stress Induced Inflammation without Altering the Autophagy Flux. Biomed Res Int 2018:7627329 (2018). PubMed: 30519584