Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Ks6.KA12] to Cytokeratin 6
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 6 antibody [Ks6.KA12]
See all Cytokeratin 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Ks6.KA12] to Cytokeratin 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A cytoskeletal preparation of human callus material was used for immunization.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified by protein A affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18586 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Tissue specificityConstitutively expressed in distinct types of epithelia such as those in oral mucosa, esophagus, papillae of tongue and hair follicle outer root sheath.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Information by UniProt
- CK 6A antibody
- CK 6B antibody
- CK 6C antibody
Overlay histogram showing A431 cells stained with ab18586 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab18586, 2µg/1x106 cells ) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mous DyLight® 488 (IgG H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1](ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in A431 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
ab18586 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen C & Shan H Keratin 6A gene silencing suppresses cell invasion and metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma via the ß-catenin cascade. Mol Med Rep 19:3477-3484 (2019). PubMed: 30896882
- Xie HT et al. Biomarkers for Progenitor and Differentiated Epithelial Cells in the Human Meibomian Gland. Stem Cells Transl Med 7:887-892 (2018). PubMed: 30251359
- Wagner VP et al. Histogenesis of keratoacanthoma: histochemical and immunohistochemical study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 119:310-7 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25488010
- Holt BM et al. Pig dorsum model for examining impaired wound healing at the skin-implant interface of percutaneous devices. J Mater Sci Mater Med 24:2181-93 (2013). PubMed: 23832453