Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2A4] to Cytokeratin 8 + 18 + 19
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 8 + 18 + 19 antibody [2A4]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A4] to Cytokeratin 8 + 18 + 19
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Cytokeratins isolated from cultured pig kidney epithelial cells.
General notesBalb/c spleen cells used to produce hybridoma.
This antibody recognizes cytokeratins 8, 18 and 19 typical for simple epithelial cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody recognizes cytokeratins 8, 18 and 19 typical for simple epithelial cells.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41825 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab91353 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceThe cytokeratins are intermediate filament proteins responsible for the structural integrity of epithelial cells. Keratin proteins belong to 2 families: acidic (or type I) and basic (or type II). The acidic keratins are coded by genes KRT9 to 19, the basic keratins by genes KRT1 to 8. Cytokeratins 8, 18 and 19 are encoded by the genes KRT8, 18 and 19 respectively. Type I and II keratins are usually coordinately synthesized in preferential pairs so that at least 1 member of each family is expressed in each epithelial cell, in equal proportions. Cytokeratin 8, together with its filament partner cytokeratin 18, are perhaps the most commonly found members of the intermediate filament gene family. They are expressed in single layer epithelial tissues. KRT8/18 mutations may predispose to liver disease, including cryptogenic cirrhosis, in humans. Unlike its related family members, cytokeratin 19 (the smallest known acidic cytokeratin at 40kDa) is not paired with a basic cytokeratin in epithelial cells. It is specifically expressed in the periderm, the transiently superficial layer that envelopes the developing epidermis. It is often expressed in cultured epithelial cells and in some carcinomas.
- CK18 antibody
- CK19 antibody
- CK8 antibody
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab41825 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab41825, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF7 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
IHC image of ab41825 staining in human kidney formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab41825, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab41825 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Yang Y et al. MiR-135 suppresses glycolysis and promotes pancreatic cancer cell adaptation to metabolic stress by targeting phosphofructokinase-1. Nat Commun 10:809 (2019). PubMed: 30778058
- Cui S et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted immunomagnetic liposomes for circulating tumor cell enumeration in non-small cell lung cancer treated with epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Lung Cancer 132:45-53 (2019). PubMed: 31097093
- Zhou Q et al. Abnormal expression of fibrosis markers, estrogen receptor a and stromal derived factor-1/chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor-4 axis in intrauterine adhesions. Int J Mol Med 42:81-90 (2018). PubMed: 29568895
- Le UT et al. Intraoperative detection of circulating tumor cells in pulmonary venous blood during metastasectomy for colorectal lung metastases. Sci Rep 8:8751 (2018). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 29884810
- Tao L et al. Neutrophils assist the metastasis of circulating tumor cells in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: A new hypothesis and a new predictor for distant metastasis. Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e4932 (2016). PubMed: 27684834