Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5D3] to Cytokeratin 8+18
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 8+18 antibody [5D3]
See all Cytokeratin 8+18 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5D3] to Cytokeratin 8+18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Cytokeratins from the human breast carcinoma cell line MCF-7.
This antibody stains simple and glandular epithelium. It can be useful for the identification of adenocarcinomas and most squamous cell carcinomas.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesThis antibody stains simple and glandular epithelium. It can be useful for the identification of adenocarcinomas and most squamous cell carcinomas.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17139 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/50. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceFunction: Together with KRT19, helps to link the contractile apparatus to dystrophin at the costameres of striated muscle. Tissue specificity: Observed in muscle fibers accumulating in the costameres of myoplasm at the sarcolemma membrane in structures that contain dystrophin and spectrin. Expressed in gingival mucosa and hard palate of the oral cavity. Disease: Cirrhosis Similarity: Belongs to the intermediate filament family. PTM: Phosphorylation on serine residues is enhanced during EGF stimulation and mitosis. Ser-74 phosphorylation plays an important role in keratin filament reorganization. O-glycosylated. O-GlcNAcylation at multiple sites increases solubility, and decreases stability by inducing proteasomal degradation. O-glycosylated (O-GlcNAcylated), in a cell cycle-dependent manner.
- CARD2 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
ab17139 staining human mammacarcinoma by IHC-P.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab17139 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17139, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF7 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab17139 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yang BY et al. Porous Se@SiO2 nanosphere-coated catheter accelerates prostatic urethra wound healing by modulating macrophage polarization through reactive oxygen species-NF-?B pathway inhibition. Acta Biomater 88:392-405 (2019). PubMed: 30753941
- Bhat V et al. Isolation and characterization of a new basal-like luminal progenitor in human breast tissue. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:269 (2019). PubMed: 31443683
- Xu D et al. Enabling autologous human liver regeneration with differentiated adipocyte stem cells. Cell Transplant 23:1573-84 (2014). PubMed: 24148223
- Wang Y et al. Transforming growth factor-ß regulates the sphere-initiating stem cell-like feature in breast cancer through miRNA-181 and ATM. Oncogene : (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21102523