Product nameCytokine Array – Human Cytokine Antibody Array (Membrane, 42 Targets)
See all Cytokine Antibody Array antibody arrays
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Whole Blood, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
ab133997 is a cytokine array to be used for the simultaneous detection of 42 Human cytokines. It is suitable for all sample types.
Targets: ENA-78, GCSF, GM-CSF, GRO, GRO-alpha, I-309, IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12 p40/p70, IL-13, IL-15, IFN-gamma, MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MCSF, MDC, MIG, MIP-1delta, RANTES, SCF, SDF-1, TARC, TGF-beta1, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, EGF, IGF-I, Angiogenin, Oncostatin M, Thrombopoietin, VEGF-A, PDGF BB, Leptin
Cytokine arrays are an antibody-pair-based assay, analogous to ELISA, but using a membrane as a substrate rather than a plate. Capture antibodies are supplied arrayed/spotted on a membrane with each pair of spots representing a different analyte. Sample is added (0.2-1ml of 1 sample to each membrane), and then paired biotinylated detector antibodies and streptavidin HRP. The cytokine array is analyzed using the same methods as a chemiluminescent western blot. Comparison between samples can be by eye or using densitometry software for a semi-quantitative comparison.
A table listing all of our human membrane antibody cytokine arrays and other arrays and the analytes they measure is available here.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Multiplex Protein Detectionmore details
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 4 Membranes 1 x 8 Membranes 1,000X HRP-Conjugated Streptavidin 1 x 50µl 1 x 50µl 1X Blocking Buffer 1 x 25ml 2 x 25ml 20X Wash Buffer I 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 20X Wash Buffer II 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 16ml 8-Well Incubation Tray (with Lid) 1 unit 1 unit Biotin-Conjugated Anti-Cytokines 2 vials 4 vials Cytokine Antibody Array Membranes 4 units 8 units Detection Buffer C 1 x 1.5ml 1 x 2.5ml Detection Buffer D 1 x 1.5ml 1 x 2.5ml
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133997 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Multiplex Protein Detection||
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Multiplex Protein Detection
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Human peripheral blood cells (1x106 cells/mL) were cultured in RPMI media supplemented with 10% fetal calf serum, 100 U/mL penicillin, and 100 mg/mL streptomycin sulfate.
Cells were cultured unstimulated or stimulated with 10 µg/mL PHA. Conditioned media was harvested after 48 hours, aliquoted and assayed using ab133997. Media alone was used as a negative control.
The antibody array was used to determine the change in expression of cytokines related to cell proliferation.
One million Human breast cancer cells (MCF7) were cultured in a 10mm dish for 48 hours (in 8ml of RPMI-1640 medium) and were then treated with 5 mM Compound X (not disclosed) for 48 hours. The Abcam protocol was followed for the rest of the procedure. 1 mL of supernatant of culture medium was used for sample incubation (4°C overnight).
Cells were cultured unstimulated or stimulated with 10 µg/mL PHA. Conditioned media was harvested after 48 hours, aliquoted and assayed using ab133997. Media alone was used as a negative control. Mean pixel density was quantified using CCD camera software analysis.
Human serum from a pooled donor (n=50) sample was diluted to 50% and assayed using ab133997.
Human serum from a pooled donor (n=50) sample was diluted to 50% and assayed using ab133997. Mean pixel density was quantified using CCD camera software analysis.
ab133997 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wilcz-Villega E et al. Macrophages induce malignant traits in mammary epithelium via IKKe/TBK1 kinases and the serine biosynthesis pathway. EMBO Mol Med 12:e10491 (2020). PubMed: 31930708
- Naranjo JD et al. Esophageal extracellular matrix hydrogel mitigates metaplastic change in a dog model of Barrett's esophagus. Sci Adv 6:eaba4526 (2020). PubMed: 32656339
- Lee KH et al. Ex vivo enrichment of PRAME antigen-specific T cells for adoptive immunotherapy using CD137 activation marker selection. Clin Transl Immunology 9:e1200 (2020). PubMed: 33101678
- Lye JJ et al. Astrocyte senescence may drive alterations in GFAPa, CDKN2A p14ARF, and TAU3 transcript expression and contribute to cognitive decline. Geroscience 41:561-573 (2019). PubMed: 31654269
- Roumane A et al. Caspase-independent cell death does not elicit a proliferative response in melanoma cancer cells. BMC Cell Biol 19:11 (2018). PubMed: 29973136
- Pihlaja R et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Lipoxygenase and Cyclo-Oxygenase Inhibitors in Inflammation-Induced Human Fetal Glia Cells and the Aß Degradation Capacity of Human Fetal Astrocytes in an Ex vivo Assay. Front Neurosci 11:299 (2017). Human . PubMed: 28611577
- Pestell TG et al. Stromal cyclin D1 promotes heterotypic immune signaling and breast cancer growth. Oncotarget 8:81754-81775 (2017). PubMed: 29137220
- Glück S et al. Innate immune sensing of cytosolic chromatin fragments through cGAS promotes senescence. Nat Cell Biol 19:1061-1070 (2017). Human . PubMed: 28759028
- Li Q et al. Sulforaphane inhibits mammary adipogenesis by targeting adipose mesenchymal stem cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:317-24 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24002734