Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HCMV37] to Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, Neutralising
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B antibody [HCMV37]
See all Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HCMV37] to Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B late neutralizing antigen. Reacts with MRC-5 infected cells but not uninfected cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Human CMV extracts
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution (CMV infected cells).
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (CMV infected cells).
Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceHuman cytomegalovirus (HCMV) glycoprotein B (gB) is an abundant virion envelope protein that has been shown to be essential for the infectivity of HCMV. HCMV gB is also one of the most immunogenic virus-encoded proteins, and a significant fraction of virus neutralizing antibodies are directed at gB.
Cellular localizationVirus envelope.
- CMV glycoprotein B antibody
- Glycoprotein B antibody
- HCMV antibody
ab54023, staining Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B in monocyte-derived dendritic cells infected with Human cytomegalovirus (VHL/E strain), cultured for 3 hours (left panels) and 24 hours (right panels), by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS for 10 minutes at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody and an AlexaFluor®568-conjugated goat anti-mouse monoclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab54023 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang B et al. Viperin is induced following toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3) ligation and has a virus-responsive function in human trophoblast cells. Placenta 36:667-73 (2015). PubMed: 25814471
- Kirchmeier M et al. Enveloped virus-like particle expression of human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B antigen induces antibodies with potent and broad neutralizing activity. Clin Vaccine Immunol 21:174-80 (2014). Neutralising . PubMed: 24334684
- Haspot F et al. Human cytomegalovirus entry into dendritic cells occurs via a macropinocytosis-like pathway in a pH-independent and cholesterol-dependent manner. PLoS One 7:e34795 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22496863
- Cranage MP et al. Identification of the human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B gene and induction of neutralizing antibodies via its expression in recombinant vaccinia virus. EMBO J 5:3057-63 (1986). PubMed: 3024973