Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytosolic Phospholipase A2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 antibody
See all Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytosolic Phospholipase A2
Specificityab58375 detects endogenous levels of total Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- HeLa cell extracts treated with TNF alpha (20ng/ml, 30mins) and human colon carcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab58375 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum affinity chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58375 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSelectively hydrolyzes arachidonyl phospholipids in the sn-2 position releasing arachidonic acid. Together with its lysophospholipid activity, it is implicated in the initiation of the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityExpressed in various tissues such as macrophages, platelets, neutrophils, fibroblasts and lung endothelium.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PLA2c domain.
DomainThe N-terminal C2 domain associates with lipid membranes upon calcium binding. It modulates enzyme activity by presenting the active site to its substrate in response to elevations of cytosolic Ca(2+).
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation at both Ser-505 and Ser-727.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Translocates to membrane vesicles in a calcium-dependent fashion.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium dependent phospholipid binding protein antibody
- CPLA 2 antibody
- cPLA2 alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 antibody (ab58375) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extracts treated
with TNF alpha (20ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extracts treated
with TNF alpha (20ng/ml, 30mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab58375 at 1/50-1/100 dilution staining Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 in human colon carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human spleen tissue, staining Phospholipase A2 with ab58375.
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with blocking solution for 10 minutes at 37°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a cell conditioner. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (undiluted) for 1 hour at 37°C. A biotinylated-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab58375 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Holopainen M et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acids modify the extracellular vesicle membranes and increase the production of proresolving lipid mediators of human mesenchymal stromal cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 1864:1350-1362 (2019). PubMed: 31207356
- Sun R et al. Annexin10 promotes extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma metastasis by facilitating EMT via PLA2G4A/PGE2/STAT3 pathway. EBioMedicine 47:142-155 (2019). PubMed: 31492557
- Zhao H et al. MiR-543 Promotes Migration, Invasion and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition of Esophageal Cancer Cells by Targeting Phospholipase A2 Group IVA. Cell Physiol Biochem 48:1595-1604 (2018). PubMed: 30071514
- Chao H et al. Activation of bradykinin B2 receptor induced the inflammatory responses of cytosolic phospholipase A2 after the early traumatic brain injury. Biochim Biophys Acta N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29894755
- Huang R et al. Alterations of polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism in ovarian tissues of polycystic ovary syndrome rats. J Cell Mol Med 22:3388-3396 (2018). PubMed: 29602230