Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 (phospho S505)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 (phospho S505) antibody
See all Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 (phospho S505)
Specificityab53105 detects endogenous levels of Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 only when phosphorylated at serine 505.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53105 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53105 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionSelectively hydrolyzes arachidonyl phospholipids in the sn-2 position releasing arachidonic acid. Together with its lysophospholipid activity, it is implicated in the initiation of the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityExpressed in various tissues such as macrophages, platelets, neutrophils, fibroblasts and lung endothelium.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PLA2c domain.
DomainThe N-terminal C2 domain associates with lipid membranes upon calcium binding. It modulates enzyme activity by presenting the active site to its substrate in response to elevations of cytosolic Ca(2+).
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation at both Ser-505 and Ser-727.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Translocates to membrane vesicles in a calcium-dependent fashion.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium dependent phospholipid binding protein antibody
- CPLA 2 antibody
- cPLA2 alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 (phospho S505) antibody (ab53105) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells treated
with TNF-a (20ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells treated
with TNF-a (20ng/ml, 30mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
ab53105 at 1/50 dilution staining Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 in human colon carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence and presence of the immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab53105 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53105, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53105 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Tunset HM et al. Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Alpha Regulates TLR Signaling and Migration in Metastatic 4T1 Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31569627
- González-Rodríguez P et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor alleviates the oxidative stress induced by oxygen and glucose deprivation in an ex vivo brain slice model. J Cell Physiol 234:9592-9604 (2019). PubMed: 30317637
- Chao H et al. Activation of bradykinin B2 receptor induced the inflammatory responses of cytosolic phospholipase A2 after the early traumatic brain injury. Biochim Biophys Acta N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29894755
- Hall Z et al. Myc Expression Drives Aberrant Lipid Metabolism in Lung Cancer. Cancer Res 76:4608-18 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27335109
- Singh NK et al. Both Kdr and Flt1 play a vital role in hypoxia-induced Src-PLD1-PKC?-cPLA(2) activation and retinal neovascularization. Blood 121:1911-23 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23319572