Product nameAnti-DAB2 antibody
See all DAB2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DAB2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Zebrafish, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human DAB2 aa 750 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Testis Tissue Lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: MCF-7
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33441 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 102 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83, 58.8 kDa).|
RelevanceDAB2 is a component of the CSF1 signal transduction pathway. DAB2 mRNA is expressed in normal ovarian epithelial cells but is down regulated or absent from ovarian carcinoma cell lines. The down regulation of DAB2 may play an important role in ovarian carcinogenesis. This gene was initially named DOC2 (for Differentially expressed in Ovarian Cancer) and is distinct from the DOC2A and DOC2B genes (for double C2 like domains, alpha and beta).
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle; clathrin coated vesicle; clathrin coated vesicle membrane. Cell membrane; coated pit; clathrin coated pit. Note: Colocalizes with large insert containing isoforms of MYO6 at clathrin coated pits/vesicles.
- DAB 2 antibody
- Dab, mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein, homolog 2 (Drosophila) antibody
- DAB2 antibody
Anti-DAB2 antibody (ab33441) at 2 µg/ml + Human testis tissue lysate - total protein (ab30257) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 83, 58.8 kDa
Observed band size: 102 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This antibody was raised against an immunogen that is predicted to cross react with both isoforms 1 and 2 of Human DAB2 . We believe that the band observed is isoform 1 due to its higher molecular weight of 102 kDa. While this differs to its predicted molecular weight of 83 kDa (Swiss-Prot data) this migration has been observed in the literature and may be due to modifications at potential phosphorylation sites. (Am J Pathol. 2006 Jul;169(1):258-67. PMID: 16816378).
ICC/IF image of ab33441 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab33441 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab33441 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ma TZ et al. Differential expression of serum proteins in multiple myeloma. Exp Ther Med 17:649-656 (2019). PubMed: 30651846
- Buser DP et al. Quantitative proteomics reveals reduction of endocytic machinery components in gliomas. EBioMedicine 46:32-41 (2019). PubMed: 31331834
- Tian X & Zhang Z miR-191/DAB2 axis regulates the tumorigenicity of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. IUBMB Life 70:71-80 (2018). PubMed: 29247596
- Cook A et al. Application of the SSB biosensor to study in vitro transcription. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 496:820-825 (2018). RT-PCR . PubMed: 29378185
- Ma S et al. X-ray irradiation induced Disabled-2 gene promoter de-methylation enhances radiosensitivity of non-small-cell lung carcinoma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:315 (2018). PubMed: 30547821
- Abrami L et al. Endocytosis of the anthrax toxin is mediated by clathrin, actin and unconventional adaptors. PLoS Pathog 6:e1000792 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20221438