Product nameDAPI Staining Solution
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
DAPI Staining Solution (ab228549) is a fluorescent stain for labeling DNA in fluorescence microscopy. Since DAPI passes through an intact cell membrane, it can be used to stain live cells and fixed cells.
Molecular Weight: 350.25
DAPI’s absorption maximum when bound to double-stranded DNA is at 358 nm and its emission maximum is at 461 nm. Although is not as strongly fluorescent as when bound to DNA, it also binds to RNA, shifting its emission to around 500 nm.
DAPI's blue emission is convenient for multiplexing assays since there is very little fluorescence overlap between DAPI and green-fluorescent molecules like FITC and green fluorescent protein (GFP), or red-fluorescent stains like Texas Red.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 ml DAPI (10 mM solution in water) 1 x 2ml
ab228549 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Chen TC et al. AR ubiquitination induced by the curcumin analog suppresses growth of temozolomide-resistant glioblastoma through disrupting GPX4-Mediated redox homeostasis. Redox Biol 30:101413 (2020). PubMed: 31896509
- Zhao CG et al. rTMS Regulates the Balance Between Proliferation and Apoptosis of Spinal Cord Derived Neural Stem/Progenitor Cells. Front Cell Neurosci 13:584 (2019). PubMed: 32116552
- Li L et al. Mesenchymal stem cells with downregulated Hippo signaling attenuate lung injury in mice with lipopolysaccharide-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome. Int J Mol Med 43:1241-1252 (2019). PubMed: 30628652
- Xie X et al. Overexpressed vascular endothelial growth factor in adipose derived stem cells attenuates fibroblasts and skin injuries by ultraviolet radiation. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31266813
- Li B et al. Ghrelin regulates sepsis-induced rat acute gastric injury. Mol Med Rep 19:5424-5432 (2019). PubMed: 31059095
- Perez-Ortiz AC et al. Lack of Delta-Sarcoglycan (Sgcd) Results in Retinal Degeneration. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31689918
- Pan X et al. Essential Role Of High Glucose-Induced Overexpression Of PKCß And PKCd In GLP-1 Resistance In Rodent Cardiomyocytes. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 12:2289-2302 (2019). PubMed: 31807042
- Ma K et al. Observations From a Mouse Model of Forebrain Voa1 Knockout: Focus on Hippocampal Structure and Function. Front Cell Neurosci 13:484 (2019). PubMed: 31824264