Product nameDAPI Staining Solution
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
DAPI Staining Solution (ab228549) is a fluorescent stain for labeling DNA in fluorescence microscopy. Since DAPI passes through an intact cell membrane, it can be used to stain live cells and fixed cells.
Molecular Weight: 350.25
DAPI’s absorption maximum when bound to double-stranded DNA is at 358 nm and its emission maximum is at 461 nm. Although is not as strongly fluorescent as when bound to DNA, it also binds to RNA, shifting its emission to around 500 nm.
DAPI's blue emission is convenient for multiplexing assays since there is very little fluorescence overlap between DAPI and green-fluorescent molecules like FITC and green fluorescent protein (GFP), or red-fluorescent stains like Texas Red.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 ml DAPI (10 mM solution in water) 1 x 2ml
ab228549 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Chen TC et al. AR ubiquitination induced by the curcumin analog suppresses growth of temozolomide-resistant glioblastoma through disrupting GPX4-Mediated redox homeostasis. Redox Biol 30:101413 (2020). PubMed: 31896509
- Jiang Y et al. ZEB2-AS1 Accelerates Epithelial/Mesenchymal Transition Through miR-1205/CRKL Pathway in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Biother Radiopharm 35:153-162 (2020). PubMed: 31755734
- Chen B et al. Effects and mechanism of Lanthanum Citrate on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cell line SMMC-7721. Turk J Gastroenterol 31:264-271 (2020). PubMed: 32343239
- Zhu M et al. miR-217-5p regulates myogenesis in skeletal muscle stem cells by targeting FGFR2. Mol Med Rep 22:850-858 (2020). PubMed: 32626929
- Matthies D et al. Microdomains form on the luminal face of neuronal extracellular vesicle membranes. Sci Rep 10:11953 (2020). PubMed: 32686698