Product nameDAPI Staining Solution
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
DAPI Staining Solution (ab228549) is a fluorescent stain for labeling DNA in fluorescence microscopy. Since DAPI passes through an intact cell membrane, it can be used to stain live cells and fixed cells.
Molecular Weight: 350.25
DAPI’s absorption maximum when bound to double-stranded DNA is at 358 nm and its emission maximum is at 461 nm. Although is not as strongly fluorescent as when bound to DNA, it also binds to RNA, shifting its emission to around 500 nm.
DAPI's blue emission is convenient for multiplexing assays since there is very little fluorescence overlap between DAPI and green-fluorescent molecules like FITC and green fluorescent protein (GFP), or red-fluorescent stains like Texas Red.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 ml DAPI (10 mM solution in water) 1 x 2ml
ab228549 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- Liu J et al. Abnormal Glu/mGluR2/3/PI3K pathway in the hippocampal neurovascular unit leads to diabetes-related depression. Neural Regen Res 16:727-733 (2021). PubMed: 33063735
- Taiber S et al. Neonatal AAV gene therapy rescues hearing in a mouse model of SYNE4 deafness. EMBO Mol Med 13:e13259 (2021). PubMed: 33350593
- Quirk B et al. Photodynamic Therapy for Benign Cutaneous Neurofibromas Using Aminolevulinic Acid Topical Application and 633?nm Red Light Illumination. Photobiomodul Photomed Laser Surg 39:411-417 (2021). PubMed: 33470897
- Zang Y et al. Astragaloside IV inhibits palmitic acid-induced apoptosis through regulation of calcium homeostasis in mice podocytes. Mol Biol Rep 48:1453-1464 (2021). PubMed: 33606151
- Locquet MA et al. Aldehyde Dehydrogenase, a Therapeutic Target in Chordoma: Analysis in 3D Cellular Models. Cells 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33672032