Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DBC-1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DBC-1 antibody
See all DBC-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DBC-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Human: breast carcinoma, colon carcinoma, metastatic lymph node, ovarian carcinoma, pancreatic islet cell tumor, skin basal cell carcinoma, stomach adenocarcinoma, testicular seminoma. Mouse: squamous cell carcinoma.
Concentration is optimized for IHC and not determined
Previously labelled as KIAA1967.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84384 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Note: expected to work on frozen sections.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCore component of the DBIRD complex, a multiprotein complex that acts at the interface between core mRNP particles and RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) and integrates transcript elongation with the regulation of alternative splicing: the DBIRD complex affects local transcript elongation rates and alternative splicing of a large set of exons embedded in (A + T)-rich DNA regions. Inhibits SIRT1 deacetylase activity leading to increasing levels of p53/TP53 acetylation and p53-mediated apoptosis. Inhibits SUV39H1 methyltransferase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed ubiquitously in normal tissues. Expressed in 84 to 100% of neoplastic breast, lung, and colon tissues.
- Information by UniProt
- CCAR2 antibody
- Cell cycle and apoptosis regulator 2 antibody
- Cell division cycle and apoptosis regulator protein 2 antibody
ab84384 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Brandl L et al. Targeting c-MYC through Interference with NAMPT and SIRT1 and Their Association to Oncogenic Drivers in Murine Serrated Intestinal Tumorigenesis. Neoplasia 21:974-988 (2019). PubMed: 31442917
- Brandl L et al. Expression of n-MYC, NAMPT and SIRT1 in Basal Cell Carcinomas and their Cells of Origin. Acta Derm Venereol 99:63-71 (2019). PubMed: 30182136
- Yu XM et al. The Expression of SIRT1 and DBC1 in Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Carcinomas. PLoS One 8:e66975 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 23805287
- Cha EJ et al. Expression of DBC1 and SIRT1 is associated with poor prognosis of gastric carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 15:4453-9 (2009). PubMed: 19509139