Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6085] to DCAMKL1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-DCAMKL1 antibody [EPR6085]
See all DCAMKL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6085] to DCAMKL1
The mouse and rat recommendation is for WB use only. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human DCAMKL1 aa 650-750. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O15075
- Human fetal lung, NIH3T3, and SH-SY5Y lysates, Human brain tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109029 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 50-82 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionProbable kinase that may be involved in a calcium-signaling pathway controlling neuronal migration in the developing brain. May also participate in functions of the mature nervous system.
Tissue specificityIn fetal tissues, highly expressed in brain, detectable in lung and liver, but not in kidney. In adult tissues, expressed ubiquitously in the brain, detectable in the heart, liver, spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, ovary, small intestine and colon. The type A isoforms seem to be expressed predominantly in fetal brain whereas type B isoforms are expressed abundantly in both fetal and adult brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 2 doublecortin domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type I-like CPG16 antibody
- CL1 antibody
- CLICK1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: DCLK1 (KO) whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: Empty whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 5: Hu brain whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 5: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab109029 observed at 90 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab109029 was shown to specifically react with DCLK1 in wild-type HAP1 cells along with additional cross reactive bands. No bands were observed when knockout samples were used. Wild-type and knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab109029 and ab8245 (Mouse anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/10,000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-DCAMKL1 antibody [EPR6085] (ab109029) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal lung lysate
Lane 2 : NIH3T3 lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 82 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue using ab109029 at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109029 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Osman J et al. The WNT5A Agonist Foxy5 Reduces the Number of Colonic Cancer Stem Cells in a Xenograft Mouse Model of Human Colonic Cancer. Anticancer Res 39:1719-1728 (2019). PubMed: 30952711
- Roy BC et al. Co-localization of autophagy-related protein p62 with cancer stem cell marker dclk1 may hamper dclk1's elimination during colon cancer development and progression. Oncotarget 10:2340-2354 (2019). PubMed: 31040926
- Pinzon-Guzman C et al. Evaluation of Lineage Changes in the Gastric Mucosa Following Infection With Helicobacter pylori and Specified Intestinal Flora in INS-GAS Mice. J Histochem Cytochem N/A:22155418785621 (2018). PubMed: 29969055
- Fan M et al. Expression and prognostic significance of doublecortin-like kinase 1 in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Lett 14:7529-7537 (2017). PubMed: 29344199
- Feng Y et al. Sox9 induction, ectopic Paneth cells, and mitotic spindle axis defects in mouse colon adenomatous epithelium arising from conditional biallelic Apc inactivation. Am J Pathol 183:493-503 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23769888