Product nameAnti-Dcr 2 / Dicer 2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dcr 2 / Dicer 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Drosophila melanogaster Dcr 2/ Dicer 2 aa 650-750 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Drosophila Embryo Nuclear Extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4732 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 188 kDa.
Other (lower) bands are also seen in the blot (see image). We are unsure as to the identity of these - they may be cleavage products of Dcr2, or unspecific bands. These bands are all, however, blocked with the immunising peptide.
RelevanceRNA interference is an evolutionarily conserved gene silencing pathway in which the endonuclease, Dicer cleaves double stranded RNA into small interfering RNAs. Dicer is a multidomain protein related to the RNase III protein family. Dicer is required by the RNA interference and small temporal RNA (stRNA) pathways to produce the active small interfering RNA (siRNA) component that represses gene expression. Dicer related RNA interference machinery is also involved in the formation of the heterochromatin structure in organisms such as yeast and higher vertebrate cells. In mammalian cells, both microRNAs (miRNAs) and small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) are thought to be loaded into the same RNA induced silencing complex (RISC), where they guide mRNA degradation or translation silencing depending on the complementarity of the target. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been identified. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell cycle regulator genes DCR2 and DCR1 appear to be involved in the initiation of DNA replication. It has been predicted that DCR2 might encode a protein with phosphoesterase activity.
- Dcr2 antibody
- Dicer antibody
- Dicer2 antibody
ab4732 staining Dcr 2 / Dicer 2 (green) in fruit fly (Drosophilia melanogaster) OSS cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% Tween and blocked with 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS + 0.2% Tween) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. ab24609, anti-Nuclear Pore Complex Proteins, was used as a nuclear membrane marker (red).
Anti-Dcr 2 / Dicer 2 antibody (ab4732) at 1 µg/ml + Drosophila embryo nuclear extract (from D. melanogaster embryos 0-12Hr) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 188 kDa
Observed band size: 171,200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 12 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab4732 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab4732 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Harrington AW et al. Drosophila melanogaster retrotransposon and inverted repeat-derived endogenous siRNAs are differentially processed in distinct cellular locations. BMC Genomics 18:304 (2017). PubMed: 28415970
- Sinha NK & Bass BL Overexpression and purification of Dicer and accessory proteins for biochemical and structural studies. Methods 126:54-65 (2017). PubMed: 28723582
- Russo J et al. Antisense Transcription of Retrotransposons in Drosophila: An Origin of Endogenous Small Interfering RNA Precursors. Genetics 202:107-21 (2016). PubMed: 26534950
- Lim SJ et al. Requirement for CRIF1 in RNA interference and Dicer-2 stability. RNA Biol 11:1171-9 (2014). PubMed: 25483042
- Cernilogar FM et al. RNA-interference components are dispensable for transcriptional silencing of the drosophila bithorax-complex. PLoS One 8:e65740 (2013). PubMed: 23785447
- Philip F et al. Phospholipase Cß1 is linked to RNA interference of specific genes through translin-associated factor X. FASEB J : (2012). PubMed: 22889834
- Hartig JV & Förstemann K Loqs-PD and R2D2 define independent pathways for RISC generation in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res 39:3836-51 (2011). WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 21245036
- Cernilogar FM et al. Chromatin-associated RNA interference components contribute to transcriptional regulation in Drosophila. Nature 480:391-5 (2011). Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 22056986
- Mukherjee S & Hanley KA RNA interference modulates replication of dengue virus in Drosophila melanogaster cells. BMC Microbiol 10:127 (2010). WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 20420715
- Hartig JV et al. Endo-siRNAs depend on a new isoform of loquacious and target artificially introduced, high-copy sequences. EMBO J 28:2932-44 (2009). WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 19644447