Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to DDX5
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DDX5 antibody
See all DDX5 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to DDX5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Non human primates
- Hela and A431 lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10261 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).Can be blocked with Human DDX5 peptide (ab23200).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. See Abreview submitted by Reinhard Kodym.|
FunctionRNA-dependent ATPase activity. The rate of ATP hydrolysis is highly stimulated by single-stranded RNA. May be involved in pre-mRNA splicing.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. DDX5/DBP2 subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
modificationsArg-502 is dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP dependent RNA helicase DDX5 antibody
- DDX 5 antibody
- Ddx5 antibody
HT1080 cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde permeabilized with Triton (1%) and stained for 1 hr in a 1/100 dilution of the DDX5 antibody and thereafter for 1 hr with a rhodamine conjugated anti-goat secondary. This image was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Reinhard Kodym.
All lanes : Anti-DDX5 antibody (ab10261) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
ab10261 staining (0.5µg/ml) of A431 cell lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab10261 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Ottesen EW et al. Human Survival Motor Neuron genes generate a vast repertoire of circular RNAs. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30698797
- Legrand JMD et al. DDX5 plays essential transcriptional and post-transcriptional roles in the maintenance and function of spermatogonia. Nat Commun 10:2278 (2019). PubMed: 31123254
- Lambert MP et al. The RNA helicase DDX17 controls the transcriptional activity of REST and the expression of proneural microRNAs in neuronal differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res 46:7686-7700 (2018). PubMed: 29931089
- Weise SC et al. FOXG1 Regulates PRKAR2B Transcriptionally and Posttranscriptionally via miR200 in the Adult Hippocampus. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30539330
- Murai K et al. The TLX-miR-219 cascade regulates neural stem cell proliferation in neurodevelopment and schizophrenia iPSC model. Nat Commun 7:10965 (2016). PubMed: 26965827