Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [11D1BC7] to Deadpan
- Suitable for: IHC
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Deadpan antibody [11D1BC7]
See all Deadpan primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [11D1BC7] to Deadpan
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Recombinant full length protein. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- Drosophila larval brain, Drosophila stage 11 embryos.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe purity of ab195173 is near homogeneity, as judged by SDS-PAGE. ab195173 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. >95% based on SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab195173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
RelevanceTranscriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. Likely to be involved in the functional rather than the morphological differentiation of neurons. Loss of DPN function results in weak motor activity, lethargic behavior, and death. Implicated in sex determination as Groucho-DPN complex act directly to repress SXL transcription
- deadpan antibody
- Dpn antibody
- Protein deadpan antibody
Immunohistochemistry analysis using ab195173 detecting the nuclear transcription factor Deadpan protein in the neuroblasts of the third instar larval brain of Drosophila melanogaster. The brain was fixed in 4% formaldehyde (20 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1hr to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The brain was then incubated with ab195173 (10 µg/mL) overnight at +4°C and detected with Alexa Fluor® 555 goat anti-rat IgG. The counterstain was chicken anti-GFP detected with Alexa Fluor® 488 used according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Immunohistochemistry analysis using ab195173 detecting Drosophila stage 11 embryos stained showing Deadpan (Dpn) protein in all neuroblast nuclei. The Deadpan stain used ab195173 at 10 µg/mL and detected with Alexa Fluor® 405 conjugated goat anti-rat (at 10µg/mL).
ab195173 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Martin E et al. Arp2/3-dependent mechanical control of morphogenetic robustness in an inherently challenging environment. Dev Cell 56:687-701.e7 (2021). PubMed: 33535069
- Hatch HAM et al. A KDM5-Prospero transcriptional axis functions during early neurodevelopment to regulate mushroom body formation. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33729157
- Chen HM et al. CAMIO: a transgenic CRISPR pipeline to create diverse targeted genome deletions in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res 48:4344-4356 (2020). PubMed: 32187363
- Hailstone M et al. CytoCensus, mapping cell identity and division in tissues and organs using machine learning. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32423529
- Baral SS et al. Nucleolar stress in Drosophila neuroblasts, a model for human ribosomopathies. Biol Open 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32184230