Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Decorin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Decorin antibody
See all Decorin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Decorin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Decorin aa 31-359.
DEASGIGPEVPDDRDFEPSLGPVCPFRCQCHLRVVQCSDLGLDKVPKDLP PDTTLLDLQNNKITEIKDGDFKNLKNLHALILVNNKISKVSPGAFTPLVK LERLYLSKNQLKELPEKMPKTLQELRAHENEITKVRKVTFNGLNQMIVIE LGTNPLKSSGIENGAFQGMKKLSYIRIADTNITSIPQGLPPSLTELHLDG NKISRVDAASLKGLNNLAKLGLSFNSISAVDNGSLANTPHLRELHLDNNK LTRVPGGLAEHKYIQVVYLHNNNISVVGSSDFCPPGHNTKKASYSGVSLF SNPVQYWEIQPSTFRCVYVRSAIQLGNYK
Database link: P07585
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab175404 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionMay affect the rate of fibrils formation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DCN are the cause of congenital stromal corneal dystrophy (CSCD) [MIM:610048]. Corneal dystrophies are inherited, bilateral, primary alterations of the cornea that are not associated with prior inflammation or secondary to systemic disease. Most show autosomal dominant inheritance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family. SLRP class I subfamily.
Contains 12 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
modificationsThe attached glycosaminoglycan chain can be either chondroitin sulfate or dermatan sulfate depending upon the tissue of origin.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Bone proteoglycan II antibody
- CSCD antibody
- DCN antibody
All lanes : Anti-Decorin antibody (ab175404) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse heart lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Blocking buffer: 3% nonfat dry milk in TBST.
Immunofluorescence analysis of MCF-7 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells stained for Decorin (green) using ab175404.
DAPI used for nuclear staining (blue).
ab175404 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhao M et al. Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism limits experimental choroidal neovascularization and structural changes associated with neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Nat Commun 10:369 (2019). PubMed: 30664640
- Liu B et al. miR-181b-5p promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of hypertrophic scar fibroblasts through regulating the MEK/ERK/p21 pathway. Exp Ther Med 17:1537-1544 (2019). PubMed: 30783419
- Goncalves MB et al. Regulation of Myelination by Exosome Associated Retinoic Acid Release from NG2-Positive Cells. J Neurosci 39:3013-3027 (2019). PubMed: 30760627
- Gong T et al. Cryotherapy has antifibrotic and regenerative effects on human vocal fold fibroblasts. Laryngoscope 129:E143-E150 (2019). PubMed: 30315572
- Tsidulko AY et al. Conventional Anti-glioblastoma Chemotherapy Affects Proteoglycan Composition of Brain Extracellular Matrix in Rat Experimental Model in vivo. Front Pharmacol 9:1104 (2018). PubMed: 30333749
- Xu Y & Shen K Identification of potential key genes associated with ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Cancer Manag Res 10:5461-5470 (2018). PubMed: 30519094
- Xu SY et al. Response of decorin to different intensity treadmill running. Mol Med Rep 17:7911-7917 (2018). PubMed: 29620182
- Sharif R et al. Collagen cross-linking impact on keratoconus extracellular matrix. PLoS One 13:e0200704 (2018). PubMed: 30020979
- Simões RS et al. Small leucine-rich proteoglycans (SLRPs) in the endometrium of polycystic ovary syndrome women: a pilot study. J Ovarian Res 10:54 (2017). PubMed: 28789706