Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dectin-1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dectin-1 antibody
See all Dectin-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dectin-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Dectin-1 aa 70-120 (extracellular). The exact sequence is proprietary. This antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human Dectin-1.
Database link: Q9BXN2-1
- Rat spleen tissue lysate; Human spleen tissue, Jurkat cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab140039 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionLectin that functions as pattern receptor specific for beta-1,3-linked and beta-1,6-linked glucans, such as cell wall constituents from pathogenic bacteria and fungi. Necessary for the TLR2-mediated inflammatory response and for TLR2-mediated activation of NF-kappa-B. Enhances cytokine production in macrophages and dendritic cells. Mediates production of reactive oxygen species in the cell. Mediates phagocytosis of C.albicans conidia. Binds T-cells in a way that does not involve their surface glycans and plays a role in T-cell activation. Stimulates T-cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in peripheral blood leukocytes and dendritic cells. Detected in spleen, bone marrow, lung, muscle, stomach and placenta.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CLEC7A may be a cause of familial candidiasis type 4 (CANDF4) [MIM:613108]. It is a rare disorder with altered immune responses and impaired clearance of fungal infections, selective against Candida. It is characterized by persistent and/or recurrent infections of the skin, nails and mucous membranes caused by organisms of the genus Candida, mainly Candida albicans.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to glucan binding.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta GR antibody
- Beta-glucan receptor antibody
- BGR antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Dectin-1 antibody (ab140039) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Dectin-1 antibody (ab140039) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Rat spleen tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 28 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human spleen tissue, labelling Dectin-1 using ab140039 at 5 µg/ml.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of Jurkat cells labeling Dectin-1 wiht ab140039 at 20µg/mL.
ab140039 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- He C et al. Exopolysaccharide from Paecilomyces lilacinus modulates macrophage activities through the TLR4/NF-?B/MAPK pathway. Mol Med Rep 20:4943-4952 (2019). PubMed: 31638207
- Yang L et al. Pulsatilla decoction inhibits Candida albicans proliferation and adhesion in a mouse model of vulvovaginal candidiasis via the Dectin-1 signaling pathway. J Ethnopharmacol 223:51-62 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 29775695
- Xia Y et al. Dectin-1 predicts adverse postoperative prognosis of patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Sci Rep 6:32657 (2016). PubMed: 27600310