Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [zdc2] to DeltaC
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC - Wholemount, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-DeltaC antibody [zdc2]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [zdc2] to DeltaC
SpecificityDelta proteins activate Notch through a binding reaction that depends on their extracellular domains. During somitogenesis, Notch signalling via DeltaC keeps the oscillations of neighbouring cells in synchrony. DeltaC is also expressed in subsets of cells in the nervous system and elsewhere.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC - Wholemount, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Zebrafish
Extracellular region of DeltaC protein (Zebrafish).
EpitopeDeltaC extracellular domain.
- HEK293 cells transfected with DeltaC or zebrafish embryo cryosections (formulin fixed).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73336 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC - Wholemount||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceDeltaC acts as a ligand for Notch receptors and is involved in somitogenesis. It can activate Notch receptors. It is required in somite segmentation to keep the oscillations of neighboring presomitic mesoderm cells synchronized.
Cellular localizationMembrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein
- Bea antibody
- Beamter antibody
- DelC antibody
- Dlc antibody
ab73336 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Gallagher TL et al. Pnrc2 regulates 3'UTR-mediated decay of segmentation clock-associated transcripts during zebrafish segmentation. Dev Biol 429:225-239 (2017). PubMed: 28648842
- Quillien A et al. Distinct Notch signaling outputs pattern the developing arterial system. Development 141:1544-52 (2014). Zebrafish . PubMed: 24598161
- Giudicelli F et al. Setting the tempo in development: an investigation of the zebrafish somite clock mechanism. PLoS Biol 5:e150 (2007). PubMed: 17535112