Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Dld 5C7/2, zdd2] to DeltaD
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC - Wholemount
- Reacts with: Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-DeltaD antibody [Dld 5C7/2, zdd2]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Dld 5C7/2, zdd2] to DeltaD
SpecificityThis antibody recognises the extracellular domain of zebrafish DeltaD. This antibody does not detect DeltaC; but it cross-reacts weakly with DeltaA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC - Wholemountmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Zebrafish
Extracellular DeltaD peptide (Zebrafish).
EpitopeZebrafish DeltaD protein extracellular domain.
- HEK293 cells transfected with deltaD or zebrafish embryo.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Clone numberDld 5C7/2, zdd2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73331 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC - Wholemount||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceDeltaD is one of the 4 members of the zebrafish Delta family of Notch ligands, important in the control of cell differentiation in many tissues. DeltaD acts as a ligand for Notch receptors and is involved in primary neurogenesis and somitogenesis. It can activate Notch receptors, thereby playing a key role in lateral inhibition, a process that prevents the immediate neighbors of each nascent neural cell from simultaneously embarking on neural differentiation. It is required in somite segmentation to keep the oscillations of neighboring presomitic mesoderm cells synchronized.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- Entrez Gene: 30138 Zebrafish
- Aei antibody
- After eight antibody
- Dld antibody
ab73331 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Sharma P et al. Notch-mediated inhibition of neurogenesis is required for zebrafish spinal cord morphogenesis. Sci Rep 9:9958 (2019). PubMed: 31292468
- Gallagher TL et al. Pnrc2 regulates 3'UTR-mediated decay of segmentation clock-associated transcripts during zebrafish segmentation. Dev Biol 429:225-239 (2017). PubMed: 28648842
- Tong K et al. Antibody Uptake Assay in the Embryonic Zebrafish Forebrain to Study Notch Signaling Dynamics in Neural Progenitor Cells In Vivo. Methods Mol Biol N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28434166
- Rothschild SC et al. CaMK-II activation is essential for zebrafish inner ear development and acts through Delta-Notch signaling. Dev Biol 381:179-88 (2013). PubMed: 23747599
- Hong SK & Dawid IB The transcriptional mediator component med12 is required for hindbrain boundary formation. PLoS One 6:e19076 (2011). IHC - Wholemount ; Zebrafish . PubMed: 21533047
- Fujita M et al. Assembly and patterning of the vascular network of the vertebrate hindbrain. Development 138:1705-15 (2011). PubMed: 21429985
- Crosnier C et al. Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestine. Development 132:1093-104 (2005). PubMed: 15689380
- Wright GJ et al. Delta proteins and MAGI proteins: an interaction of Notch ligands with intracellular scaffolding molecules and its significance for zebrafish development. Development 131:5659-69 (2004). PubMed: 15509766
- Itoh M et al. Mind bomb is a ubiquitin ligase that is essential for efficient activation of Notch signaling by Delta. Dev Cell 4:67-82 (2003). PubMed: 12530964