Product nameDeproteinizing Sample Preparation Kit - TCA
Sample typeUrine, Whole Blood, Tissue Extracts, Tissue Culture Media, Tissue Lysate
Assay time0h 25m
Deproteinizing Sample Preparation Kit - TCA (ab204708) offers a simple method to prepare samples for use in assays to measure small molecules, such as lipids, metabolites, metal ions etc.
This kit is useful where endogenous enzymes and other proteins would interfere with the assay, or would act directly to affect the level of the analyte to be measured, or would bind the analyte.
In this kit, trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is used to precipitate proteins by drastically lowering the sample pH. After removal of precipitated proteins, the pH of the sample is neutralized with neutralization buffer that is provided in the kit. Small molecules present in the sample can then be easily analyzed without interference from endogenous enzymes and other proteins .
The kit is easy to follow, convenient, and can be utilized for the preparation of a large number of samples in parallel. Samples prepared using this kit can be directly used in various bioassays.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Purificationmore details
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab204708 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Purification||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Effect of TCA amount on deproteinization:
Aliquots of pooledhuman serum (off the clot, 100 μL) were treated with different amounts of TCA following the kit protocol. Estimated protein concentration before deproteinization: 7.9 g/dL. More than 99% of protein was removed using less than 10 μL of TCA/100 μL human serum. Red solid line = Total protein; blue dotted line = sample treated with TCA; green solid line = sample treated with spin column.
Comparison of analysis of lactate:
Human serum samples (100 μL) were analyzed for lactate concentration using L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65331). Untreated samples (purple line) show higher signal when compared to TCA treated samples (red line). However, background signal is very similar in both untreated (green line) and treated (blue line) samples.
ab204708 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Thi Tran U & Kitami T Niclosamide activates the NLRP3 inflammasome by intracellular acidification and mitochondrial inhibition. Commun Biol 2:2 (2019). PubMed: 30740538
- Krypotou E et al. Control of Bacterial Virulence through the Peptide Signature of the Habitat. Cell Rep 26:1815-1827.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30759392
- Echtermeyer F et al. Acetaminophen-induced liver injury is mediated by the ion channel TRPV4. FASEB J 33:10257-10268 (2019). PubMed: 31207191
- Lee FY et al. Combined Therapy with SS31 and Mitochondria Mitigates Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in Rats. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30223594
- Sumi S et al. The luminance ratio of autofluorescence in a xenograft mouse model is stable through tumor growth stages. Clin Exp Dent Res 4:174-181 (2018). PubMed: 30386639