Product nameDesalting Spin Columns
Desalting Spin Columns (ab270693) can be used for rapid desalting or buffer exchange of samples. Each spin filter can process a sample volume between 10 – 100 μL.
The spin filters are packed with small porous particles which provide a large surface area with very short diffusion distances. Small molecules such as salt can be partitioned faster compared to dialysis or ultra-filtration. The spin filters are less prone to blockage compared to membranes used for dialysis or ultrafiltration.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company. Expedeon product code ADS0050 was previously called Amintra Desalting Spin Column pack of 50 and is the same as the 50 unit size of this product. Expedeon product code ADS0100 was previously called Amintra Desalting Spin Column - pack of 100 and is the same as the 100 unit size.
Key Benefits of Desalting Spin Columns:
- Rapid desalting or buffer exchange
- Very little loss of target molecules (typically > 95% recovery)
- Suitable for proteins (>6KDa) and DNAs (>10bp)
- DNAse free
Desalting Spin Column is Particularly Useful for the Following Applications:
- Desalting of histidine-tagged proteins (e.g. imidazole and NaCl) recovered from IMAC Amintra Desalting Spin Column
- Desalting of samples before loading to SDS PAGE or GELFrEE 8100
- Desalting of samples before conducting other analysis
- Buffer exchange, for example, after low pH elution
- Desalting of DNA
Lysozyme (10 μL): 100% salt removed, 99% protein recovery.
Lysozyme (100 μL): 86.5% salt removed, 96% protein recovery.
BSA (10 μL): 100% salt removed, 83% protein recovery.
BSA (100 μL): 83.5% salt removed, 98% protein recovery.
Δ Note: Lysozyme (14.6 kDa) was at 1 mg/mL in 10 mM Tris-HCl containing 1 M NaCl.
Δ Note: BSA (66 kDa) was at 1 mg/mL in 10 mM Tris-HCl containing 1 M NaCl.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
ab270693 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.