Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6D8] to Desmoglein 2/DSG2
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Desmoglein 2/DSG2 antibody [6D8]
See all Desmoglein 2/DSG2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6D8] to Desmoglein 2/DSG2
This antibody does not cross-react with Desmoglein 1 or Desmoglein 3. The epitope is within the extracellular domain of Desmoglein 2/DSG2. The clone number has been updated from (3G132) to (6D8) both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Desmoglein 2/DSG2.
For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap. Further dilutions can be made in assay buffer.
This product was previously labelled as Desmoglein 2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from ascites.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14415 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Used at a dilution of 1/10 for 30 min on human bladder cancer (see Abreview).
IP: Use at a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 165 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 122 kDa).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionComponent of intercellular desmosome junctions. Involved in the interaction of plaque proteins and intermediate filaments mediating cell-cell adhesion.
Tissue specificityAll of the tissues tested and carcinomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DSG2 are the cause of familial arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia type 10 (ARVD10) [MIM:610193]; also known as arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy 10 (ARVC10). ARVD is an autosomal dominant disease characterized by partial degeneration of the myocardium of the right ventricle, electrical instability, and sudden death. It is clinically defined by electrocardiographic and angiographic criteria; pathologic findings, replacement of ventricular myocardium with fatty and fibrous elements, preferentially involve the right ventricular free wall.
Genetic variations in DSG2 are the cause of susceptibility to cardiomyopathy dilated type 1BB (CMD1BB) [MIM:612877]. A disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 cadherin domains.
DomainCalcium may be bound by the cadherin-like repeats.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > desmosome.
- Information by UniProt
- ARVC 10 antibody
- ARVC10 antibody
- ARVD 10 antibody
ab14415 at a 1/10 dilution staining human urothelium (bladder cancer) by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). The antibody was incubated with the tissue for 30 minutes following heat mediated antigen retrieval and paraformaldehyde fixation.
All lanes : Anti-Desmoglein 2/DSG2 antibody [6D8] (ab14415) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : U2OS (Hu) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T (Hu) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Cos-7 (AGMk) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : CHO (Hm) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : PC12 (Rat) whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : 3T3 (Ms) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 122 kDa
Observed band size: 125 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
The blot was blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at 21°C and incubated with the primary antibody for 12 hours at 4°C.
The antibody detects a species of the predicted mobility (125 kDa) in Human cell lines U2OS (1) and 293T (2). No signal was observed in extracts from other species, suggesting that this antibody does not cross-react with AGMk, Hm, Ms or Rat.
ab14415 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ebert LM et al. A non-canonical role for desmoglein-2 in endothelial cells: implications for neoangiogenesis. Angiogenesis 19:463-86 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27338829
- Galoian K et al. Restoration of desmosomal junction protein expression and inhibition of H3K9-specific histone demethylase activity by cytostatic proline-rich polypeptide-1 leads to suppression of tumorigenic potential in human chondrosarcoma cells. Mol Clin Oncol 3:171-178 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25469290
- Sun Q et al. Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins Inhibit the Invasiveness of Human HNSCC Cells by Targeting EGFR and Reversing the Epithelial-To-Mesenchymal Transition. PLoS One 7:e31093 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22299051
- Rajkumar R et al. Functional effects of the TMEM43 Ser358Leu mutation in the pathogenesis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. BMC Med Genet 13:21 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22458570
- Singh T & Katiyar SK Green Tea Catechins Reduce Invasive Potential of Human Melanoma Cells by Targeting COX-2, PGE(2) Receptors and Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. PLoS One 6:e25224 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22022384
- Dukes JD et al. Functional ESCRT machinery is required for constitutive recycling of claudin-1 and maintenance of polarity in vertebrate epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 22:3192-205 (2011). PubMed: 21757541