Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4383(2)] to Desmoplakin
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Desmoplakin antibody [EPR4383(2)]
See all Desmoplakin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4383(2)] to Desmoplakin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Desmoplakin aa 400-500. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P15924
- WB: A431, HACAT and BXPC-3 cell lysates. ICC/IF: A431 cells. Flow Cyt: A431 cells.
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109445 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 332 kDa.|
RelevanceDesmosomes are the most common type of intercellular junction in vertebrate epithelial cells. They are characterized by 2 forms of interaction with other cellular structures. First, they form membrane anchorage sites for intermediate-size filaments, which are seen as electron-dense plaques evident beneath the plasma membrane. Second, a specific membrane core domain interacts with a corresponding domain of the plasma membrane of an adjacent cell, apparently mediating intercellular adhesion in a stable way. The desmosome intermediate filament complex is thought to impart tensile strength and resilience to the epithelium. Desmosomal proteins can be divided into 2 groups based on whether they fractionate with the urea-insoluble 'core' or the urea-soluble 'plaque' components. Desmoglein is, for example, a protein of the core. The main proteins of the plaque comprise the desmoplakins and plakoglobin.
Cellular localizationCell junction, desmosome. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- 250/210 kDa paraneoplastic pemphigus antigen antibody
- Desmoplakin I antibody
- Desmoplakin II antibody
All lanes : Anti-Desmoplakin antibody [EPR4383(2)] (ab109445) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HACAT cell lysate
Lane 3 : BXPC-3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 332 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of A431 cells labelling Desmoplakin with ab109445 at 1/1000. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. ab150077, an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Control: PBS only.
Nuclear counter stain: DAPI.
Flow cytometry analysis of A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling Desmoplakin (red) with ab109445 at a 1/250 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
ab109445 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang R et al. Mechanical strain triggers differentiation of dental mesenchymal stem cells by activating osteogenesis-specific biomarkers expression. Am J Transl Res 11:233-244 (2019). PubMed: 30787982
- Ng R et al. Patient mutations linked to arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy enhance calpain-mediated desmoplakin degradation. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31194698
- Suga H et al. Keratinocyte Proline-Rich Protein Deficiency in Atopic Dermatitis Leads to Barrier Disruption. J Invest Dermatol 139:1867-1875.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30905808
- Ortega A et al. Intercalated disc in failing hearts from patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: Its role in the depressed left ventricular function. PLoS One 12:e0185062 (2017). PubMed: 28934278
- Hartlieb E et al. Desmoglein 2 Compensates for Desmoglein 3 but Does Not Control Cell Adhesion via Regulation of p38 Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase in Keratinocytes. J Biol Chem 289:17043-53 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24782306
- Hartlieb E et al. Desmoglein 2 is less important than desmoglein 3 for keratinocyte cohesion. PLoS One 8:e53739 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23326495
- Tang H et al. CD133-positive cells might be responsible for efficient proliferation of human meningioma cells. Int J Mol Sci 13:6424-39 (2012). PubMed: 22754374