Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4383(2)] to Desmoplakin
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra), WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Desmoplakin antibody [EPR4383(2)]
See all Desmoplakin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4383(2)] to Desmoplakin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra), WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- WB: A431, HACAT and BXPC-3 cell lysates. ICC/IF: A431 cells. Flow Cyt (intra): A431 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109445 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt (Intra)||
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 332 kDa.
Flow Cyt (Intra)
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 332 kDa.
RelevanceDesmosomes are the most common type of intercellular junction in vertebrate epithelial cells. They are characterized by 2 forms of interaction with other cellular structures. First, they form membrane anchorage sites for intermediate-size filaments, which are seen as electron-dense plaques evident beneath the plasma membrane. Second, a specific membrane core domain interacts with a corresponding domain of the plasma membrane of an adjacent cell, apparently mediating intercellular adhesion in a stable way. The desmosome intermediate filament complex is thought to impart tensile strength and resilience to the epithelium. Desmosomal proteins can be divided into 2 groups based on whether they fractionate with the urea-insoluble 'core' or the urea-soluble 'plaque' components. Desmoglein is, for example, a protein of the core. The main proteins of the plaque comprise the desmoplakins and plakoglobin.
Cellular localizationCell junction, desmosome. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- 250/210 kDa paraneoplastic pemphigus antigen antibody
- Desmoplakin I antibody
- Desmoplakin II antibody
All lanes : Anti-Desmoplakin antibody [EPR4383(2)] (ab109445) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HACAT cell lysate
Lane 3 : BXPC-3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 332 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of A431 cells labelling Desmoplakin with ab109445 at 1/1000. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. ab150077, an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Control: PBS only.
Nuclear counter stain: DAPI.
Intracellular Flow Cytometry analysis of A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling Desmoplakin (red) with ab109445 at a 1/250 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluorr® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
ab109445 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang C et al. Steroid receptor RNA activator inhibits the migration, invasion and stemness characteristics of renal cell carcinoma cells. Int J Mol Med 46:1765-1776 (2020). PubMed: 33000206
- Zhang R et al. Mechanical strain triggers differentiation of dental mesenchymal stem cells by activating osteogenesis-specific biomarkers expression. Am J Transl Res 11:233-244 (2019). PubMed: 30787982
- Ng R et al. Patient mutations linked to arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy enhance calpain-mediated desmoplakin degradation. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31194698
- Suga H et al. Keratinocyte Proline-Rich Protein Deficiency in Atopic Dermatitis Leads to Barrier Disruption. J Invest Dermatol 139:1867-1875.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30905808
- Ortega A et al. Intercalated disc in failing hearts from patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: Its role in the depressed left ventricular function. PLoS One 12:e0185062 (2017). PubMed: 28934278
- Hartlieb E et al. Desmoglein 2 Compensates for Desmoglein 3 but Does Not Control Cell Adhesion via Regulation of p38 Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase in Keratinocytes. J Biol Chem 289:17043-53 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24782306
- Hartlieb E et al. Desmoglein 2 is less important than desmoglein 3 for keratinocyte cohesion. PLoS One 8:e53739 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23326495
- Tang H et al. CD133-positive cells might be responsible for efficient proliferation of human meningioma cells. Int J Mol Sci 13:6424-39 (2012). PubMed: 22754374