Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Desmoplakin I+II
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Desmoplakin I+II antibody
See all Desmoplakin I+II primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Desmoplakin I+II
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Desmoplakin I+II aa 1-100.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Caco 2 whole cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71690 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 238, 270 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 260 , 332 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionMajor high molecular weight protein of desmosomes. Involved in the organization of the desmosomal cadherin-plakoglobin complexes into discrete plasma membrane domains and in the anchoring of intermediate filaments to the desmosomes.
Tissue specificityIsoform DPI is apparently an obligate constituent of all desmosomes. Isoform DPII resides predominantly in tissues and cells of stratified origin.
Involvement in diseaseKeratoderma, palmoplantar, striate 2
Cardiomyopathy, dilated, with woolly hair and keratoderma
Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia, familial, 8
Skin fragility-woolly hair syndrome
Epidermolysis bullosa, lethal acantholytic
Cardiomyopathy, dilated, with woolly hair, keratoderma, and tooth agenesis
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the plakin or cytolinker family.
Contains 17 plectin repeats.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 6 spectrin repeats.
DomainIts association with epidermal and simple keratins is dependent on the tertiary structure induced by heterodimerization of these intermediate filaments proteins and most likely involves recognition sites located in the rod domain of these keratins.
The N-terminal region is required for localization to the desmosomal plaque and interacts with the N-terminal region of plakophilin 1.
The three tandem plakin repeat regions in the C-terminus mediate binding to intermediate filaments.
modificationsSer-2849 is probably phosphorylated by a cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Phosphorylation on Ser-2849 probably affects its association with epidermal, simple cytokeratins and VIM intermediate filaments.
Substrate of transglutaminase. Some glutamines and lysines are cross-linked to other desmoplakin molecules, to other proteins such as keratin, envoplakin, periplakin and involucrin, and to lipids like omega-hydroxyceramide (PubMed:9651377).
Cellular localizationCell junction, desmosome. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Cell membrane. Innermost portion of the desmosomal plaque. Colocalizes with epidermal KRT5-KRT14 and simple KRT8-KRT18 keratins and VIM intermediate filaments network (PubMed:12802069). Localizes at the intercalated disk in cardiomyocytes (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
- 250/210 kDa paraneoplastic pemphigus antigen antibody
- DCWHKTA antibody
- Desmoplakin (DPI DPII) antibody
Desmoplakin I+II antibody (ab71690) at 1 µg/ml + Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 260 , 332 kDa
Observed band size: 238,270 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 110 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab71690 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab71690, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa, Hek293, MCF-7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab71690 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Shoaito H et al. The Role of Peroxisome Proliferator–Activated Receptor Gamma (PPAR?) in Mono(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate (MEHP)-Mediated Cytotrophoblast Differentiation. Environ Health Perspect 127:27003 (2019). PubMed: 30810372
- Ng R et al. Patient mutations linked to arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy enhance calpain-mediated desmoplakin degradation. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31194698
- Huen AC et al. CXCL11 Expression by Keratinocytes Occurs Transiently Between Reaching Confluence and Cellular Compaction. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle) 5:517-526 (2016). PubMed: 28078185
- Nath A et al. Elevated free fatty acid uptake via CD36 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Sci Rep 5:14752 (2015). PubMed: 26424075
- Galoian K et al. Restoration of desmosomal junction protein expression and inhibition of H3K9-specific histone demethylase activity by cytostatic proline-rich polypeptide-1 leads to suppression of tumorigenic potential in human chondrosarcoma cells. Mol Clin Oncol 3:171-178 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25469290