Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [DP2.15] to Desmoplakin I+II
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Desmoplakin I+II antibody [DP2.15]
See all Desmoplakin I+II primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DP2.15] to Desmoplakin I+II
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Full length protein (Cow).
- Positive cell lines: Human A432 and MCF-7; Rat MH1C1; Bovine MDBK and BMGE. Stratified epithelia, simple epithelia, including glands, urothelium, thymic reticular epithelium, hepatocytes, intercalated disks of myocardium and arachnoid cells of meninges.
General notesSuitable for use in the detection of primary and metastatic carcinomas.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionMajor high molecular weight protein of desmosomes. Involved in the organization of the desmosomal cadherin-plakoglobin complexes into discrete plasma membrane domains and in the anchoring of intermediate filaments to the desmosomes.
Tissue specificityIsoform DPI is apparently an obligate constituent of all desmosomes. Isoform DPII resides predominantly in tissues and cells of stratified origin.
Involvement in diseaseKeratoderma, palmoplantar, striate 2
Cardiomyopathy, dilated, with woolly hair and keratoderma
Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia, familial, 8
Skin fragility-woolly hair syndrome
Epidermolysis bullosa, lethal acantholytic
Cardiomyopathy, dilated, with woolly hair, keratoderma, and tooth agenesis
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the plakin or cytolinker family.
Contains 17 plectin repeats.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 6 spectrin repeats.
DomainIts association with epidermal and simple keratins is dependent on the tertiary structure induced by heterodimerization of these intermediate filaments proteins and most likely involves recognition sites located in the rod domain of these keratins.
The N-terminal region is required for localization to the desmosomal plaque and interacts with the N-terminal region of plakophilin 1.
The three tandem plakin repeat regions in the C-terminus mediate binding to intermediate filaments.
modificationsSer-2849 is probably phosphorylated by a cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Phosphorylation on Ser-2849 probably affects its association with epidermal, simple cytokeratins and VIM intermediate filaments.
Substrate of transglutaminase. Some glutamines and lysines are cross-linked to other desmoplakin molecules, to other proteins such as keratin, envoplakin, periplakin and involucrin, and to lipids like omega-hydroxyceramide (PubMed:9651377).
Cellular localizationCell junction, desmosome. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Cell membrane. Innermost portion of the desmosomal plaque. Colocalizes with epidermal KRT5-KRT14 and simple KRT8-KRT18 keratins and VIM intermediate filaments network (PubMed:12802069). Localizes at the intercalated disk in cardiomyocytes (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
- 250/210 kDa paraneoplastic pemphigus antigen antibody
- DCWHKTA antibody
- Desmoplakin (DPI DPII) antibody
ab16434 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Hamyeh M et al. PTPN13 induces cell junction stabilization and inhibits mammary tumor invasiveness. Theranostics 10:1016-1032 (2020). PubMed: 31938048
- Toudic C et al. Galectin-1 interacts with the human endogenous retroviral envelope protein syncytin-2 and potentiates trophoblast fusion in humans. FASEB J 33:12873-12887 (2019). PubMed: 31499012
- Stewart RM et al. Ablation of SUN2-containing LINC complexes drives cardiac hypertrophy without interstitial fibrosis. Mol Biol Cell 30:1664-1675 (2019). PubMed: 31091167
- Roberts JD et al. Ankyrin-B dysfunction predisposes to arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy and is amenable to therapy. J Clin Invest 129:3171-3184 (2019). PubMed: 31264976
- Bharathan NK & Dickinson AJG Desmoplakin is required for epidermal integrity and morphogenesis in the Xenopus laevis embryo. Dev Biol 450:115-131 (2019). PubMed: 30935896