Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DGAT2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DGAT2 antibody
See all DGAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DGAT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human DGAT2 aa 1-66.
Database link: Q96PD7
- WB: Mouse heart, liver, spleen, lung, kidney, brain and skeletal muscle lysates. IHC-P: Human liver and testis tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 0.03% Proclin 300
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurity greater than 95%.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29293)
- Mouse lung normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29297)
- Mouse liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29301)
- Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29305)
- Mouse skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29711)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab4022)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab237613 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000.|
|IHC-P||1/20 - 1/200.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionEssential acyltransferase that catalyzes the terminal and only committed step in triacylglycerol synthesis by using diacylglycerol and fatty acyl CoA as substrates. Required for synthesis and storage of intracellular triglycerides. Probably plays a central role in cytosolic lipid accumulation.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in liver and white adipose tissue. Expressed at lower level in mammary gland, testis and peripheral blood leukocytes. Expressed in sebaceous glands of normal skin but decreased psoriatic skin.
PathwayGlycerolipid metabolism; triacylglycerol biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the diacylglycerol acyltransferase family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DGAT2 antibody
- DGAT2_HUMAN antibody
- Diacylglycerol O acyltransferase like protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-DGAT2 antibody (ab237613) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse heart lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse spleen lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse lung lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse kidney lysate
Lane 6 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 7 : Mouse skeletal muscle lysate
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Paraffin-embedded human liver tissue stained for DGAT2 using ab237613 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Paraffin-embedded human testis tissue stained for DGAT2 using ab237613 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained for DGAT2 (green) using ab237613 at 1/100 dilution in ICC/IF. Secondary antibody is an Alexa-Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab237613 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Zhang X et al. An Epistatic Interaction between Pnpla2 and Lipe Reveals New Pathways of Adipose Tissue Lipolysis. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31035700
- Sun Y et al. Germacrone cooperates with dexmedetomidine to alleviate high-fat diet-induced type 2 diabetes mellitus via upregulating AMPKa1 expression. Exp Ther Med 18:3514-3524 (2019). PubMed: 31602228