- References (1)
Product nameDiclofenac sodium salt, cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor
DescriptionPotent cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent non-selective COX inhibitor (IC50 values are 75 and 29 nM at COX-1 and COX-2, respectively). Potent inhibitor of phospholipase A2 in vitro and in vivo. Activates the nitric oxide-cyclic GMP-potassium channel pathway. Shows anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects.
Chemical name2-[(2,6-Dichlorophenyl)amino]benzeneacetic acid sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM (at room temperature) and in water to 100 mM (with warming)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120621 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab96732 staining Prostaglandin dehydrogenase 1 in MCF7 cells treated with diclofenac sodium salt (ab120621), by ICC/IF. Increase in Prostaglandin dehydrogenase 1 expression correlates with increased concentration of diclofenac sodium salt as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120621 (diclofenac sodium salt) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96732 (1 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
This product has been referenced in:
- León-Reyes MR et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of diclofenac in the presence and absence of glibenclamide in the rat. J Pharm Pharm Sci 11:68-76 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18801308) »
- Warner TD et al. Nonsteroid drug selectivities for cyclo-oxygenase-1 rather than cyclo-oxygenase-2 are associated with human gastrointestinal toxicity: a full in vitro analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7563-8 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10377455) »
- Mäkelä A et al. Inhibition of serum phospholipase-A2 in acute pancreatitis by pharmacological agents in vitro. Scand J Clin Lab Invest 57:401-7 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9279965) »
- Scholer DW et al. Pharmacology of diclofenac sodium. Am J Med 80:34-8 (1986). Read more (PubMed: 3085490) »